When will Monzo support Apple Pay?

The hot coral card is great for marketing. It gets noticed and leads to comments and questions and sign ups.

With Apple Pay no cashier, no customer, will notice or comment. Nobody will discover Monzo that way and sign ups will be lost.

6 Likes

And sometimes I donā€™t use Android Pay just so I can show off my Hot Coral card!

5 Likes

I think youā€™re wrong, we can still rely on our users to promote Monzo through word of mouth.

He didnā€™t say they wouldnā€™t. He just said no one would find out that way (by seeing the card). It is good to have lots of marketing streams!

2 Likes

I take your point, but mobile payments are now expected as part of any bank account.

1 Like

I canā€™t disagree. I wouldnā€™t be using Monzo for everything if I had a Pear Phone. I use Android Pay constantly.

2 Likes

I have to say my fixation with Apple Pay has only recently come about since I got an iPhone 8 and Apple Watch from work.

I use Android Pay constantly. Itā€™s just easier than digging in my handbag for my wallet.

I completely agree, itā€™s very useful when I leave my wallet at home!

I hope Monzo adds Pear Pay soon :slight_smile:

Iā€™ll be very happy when they do!

I simply like it for convenience. There have been a number of times recently where Iā€™ve left my wallet in the car or in my work bag in the office. Apple pay in these situations is a big win.

1 Like

Apple Pay visualises the design of the card on screen so you can still show it off, but I guess it is a tad more discreteā€¦

Btw how did the whole Pear Pay thing started?

1 Like

You could just get an Android :smiling_imp:

1 Like

I have an android phone through work, Monzo/Amex is already setup on that :smiley: I take it with me to get my lunch / pay for expenses.

2 Likes

Perfect! The best of both worlds!

2 Likes

Please donā€™t try to give Monzo reasons not to support Apple Pay :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

What are the chances that Monzo will be Apple cash processor in the background ? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Slim? I imagine it would be difficult to work so closely with Apple yet remain transparent.

1 Like

I agree slim, but also because I expect itā€™ll be a large prepaid issuer. Look in the US where they went with Green Dot (though, oddly, the Discover network - most of Green Dotā€™s prepaid cards arenā€™t Discover). Thus, if I had to bet on European equivalents, Iā€™d say Wirecard and Mastercardā€¦ (Dinerā€™s Club - the local brand for Discover - contactless support is too poor - virtually non-existent - in the UK to use them).

2 Likes