What's your talent/superpower?

I can spend my entire pay check in a day.

I can also somehow survive on an empty Monzo for the rest of the month and still feed my cat.

Does that count? :joy::joy:

6 Likes

& Deliveroo

amirite

4 Likes

Tap dancing or alternatively salsa : )

2 Likes

@Dawid That’s really cool! How long have you done that for? Definitely one for a talent show :tada:

@anon23935806 Any talent that involves cats definitely counts! You can just bring your cat to the talent show, feed it & we’ll all cheer :cat:

2 Likes

You and me both! I’m a more-than-frequent office dancer. It’s a sign you’re happy & enjoying your job though, right? Can only be a good thing :thinking:

I worked in a cocktail bar for a few years and still have a few tricks and flares on me :stuck_out_tongue:
Superpower is sprucing up office parties!

[awaits for a job offer]

3 Likes

My feet are a foot long exactly and perfect for measuring rooms.
My hands are also a hand. So if you want your horse measured, I’m your man.

10 Likes

I started in 2014, it was my birthday present to myself to finally commit to dancing and I chose tap. I have had a bit of hiatus since I am not in the UK but I always bring my tap shoes wherever I travel : )

1 Like

Actually just laughed on the bus to work, I did not expect such a simple yet practical “superpower”!

1 Like

Also a master at the first one… :confused:

You can have a full conversation with me while I sleep…my Mrs recorded me having a chat about popcorn.

4 Likes

@stevemind That’s brilliant :joy: I’d love to know what you were saying about popcorn…

2 Likes

And you can jump into the sea from a lighthouse!

2 Likes

My superpower? I can bore anyone about fintech for days!

2 Likes

That’s cool! Sounds like we need to give you a solid two hour slot in the show.

Recite the fintech encyclopedia! :bulb:

1 Like

My most productive super power is the ability to stand next to someone and resolve their IT issues without actually doing anything. More often than not when i come over and a colleague goes though the issue, whatever their trying to do will just work when i’m there.

This has happened multiple times now, so I randomly get calls “asking for my presence as it will fix everything!” :joy:

I can also drink a lot of tea. I’ll often be on my 3rd cup by 9am!

3 Likes

This is me, when one of my family members has an issue and I drive 15 minutes to go resolve it for them…

I hope they make you a good cuppa tea, or coffee!

1 Like

My superpower is somehow being able to have at least one disastrous/funny work related incident per year (since working in IT)

These include:

• Setting Fire to a toaster, culminating in the evacuation of my work site and the Fire Brigade having to come out.
  • Accidentally sending an e-mail to several members of the Finance team to “f***ing work” when trying to fix a display issue. Turns out when you post a comment on the particular section the user was struggling to see, it sent an automated email of said update to the team (I had been working at this place for about 6 weeks at this point)
  • Sent out spam mail to the entire company after my e-mails were phished about 2 months prior.
  • Disabled all the IP Phones, and therefore the internet, at Head Office by accidentally patching in a cable under a particularly messy desk which caused a loop in the network.

The last two incidents took place on the same day, before lunch. I stayed behind my desk for the rest of the day.

Oh I also make a killer Sunday Roast :slight_smile:

2 Likes