What's your primary messaging app?

I was just thinking about this the other day, and I realised that I use so many different messaging apps. It all depends on the person who I need to speak to, which made me realise how fragmented the whole thing is!

I use :

Google Hangouts
WhatsApp
FB Messenger
Instagram DMs
Twitter DMs
Slack (for colleagues)
Telegram

and there’s probably some others I’ve forgotten.

Ironically, the one thing I don’t use at all is SMS!

4 Likes

Telegram :slight_smile:

For those who are on Telegram, we have a public group chat and channel dedicated for Monzo.

4 Likes

Mainly iMessage. It’s the one reason I’ve stayed with iPhones over the years. Telling everyone I’m only on WhatsApp would be a pain.

I send an average of 5 texts a month (all to my Mum’s feature phone).

I have WhatsApp, but haven’t used it in over a year.

2 Likes

iMessage and FB Messenger are my two big ones.

I also use Discord for a bit, and WhatsApp for a few people.

iMessage
WhatsApp
Telegram

Tend to use Slack (even to my wife), Twitter DMs and then Signal (SMS alternative app). Sometimes I do just VPN into home and get our Google Home to speak out messages though :wink:

At least in the ‘good old days’ you could just use one app such as Pidgin to collate AOL IM, MSN, ICQ and Yahoo Messenger - nowadays, everything has got to be totally separate :frowning:

2 Likes

iMessage and WhatsApp. Used to be FB messenger, but that unencrypted data-train… (Yes, WA still under the same umbrella, but at least message contents are hidden.)

Android messages, Facebook messenger, slack & whatsapp

WhatsApp with friends/fiancé.
Twitter.
FB Messenger.
Hangouts for colleagues.

1 Like

iMessage, SMS, LinkedIn and Slack.

iMessage
WhatsApp
Facebook messenger
Slack

Whatsapp for 90% of personal communication
iMessage/Text for brother and a few others who aren’t on the whatsapp game
Combination of Slack/Microsoft Teams for work
Facebook messenger solely for my mother, because she’s unable to operate a mobile phone properly (She leaves it turned off unless she needs to use it…)

1 Like

Oh the pain… I know people like this :frowning:

1 Like

Facebook
WhatsApp
Snapchat
Hangouts
M$ Teams :nauseated_face::nauseated_face: (work)
Slack
Insta

Too many! :joy: Reminds me of that XKCD comic… (Now we have an n’th competing standard)

2 Likes

IRC, Telegram, Slack, Discord

Depends on which group of people I’m talking to at the time. Don;t know anyone on Whatsapp although I have used FB messenger from time to time.

iMessage by default. WhatsApp is secondary. I have telegraph and signal but no one ever messages on them.

I do chat a fair bit on instagram dm’s, and Facebook messenger but never full conversations, just random stuff that pops up.

1 Like

I used to use Instagram but deleted my account and not looked back since. Became far too addictive for me!

I’m also an iMessage default. I tried to get away from whatsapp because of the amount of groups that end up being created, but that seemed almost impossible.

Had to turn notifications for it off though. I find it so disruptive, not sure why.

1 Like

iMessage
SMS

iMessage and Threema