What's the weirdest or most random thing you bought online?

I once bought a specific type of microphone stand…for a type of microphone that I don’t own.

I forgot about it almost immediately, and when it showed up after a week or two, I couldn’t remember buying it. But there it was, in my account history, and although I couldn’t remember buying it, I was fairly certain that I had actually done so. But I couldn’t remember why. I don’t recall having any plans to buy that type of microphone.

Bizarre. Maybe I’d had a few. It’s still a mystery :joy:

You?

Idk.

4 Likes

“Picture it, Sicily, 1942”

Not really. But I did buy 4 “Sacred Heart” Golden Girls images printed on upcycled dictionary paper. Etsy + vino is a bit of a combination, but sometimes it works out.

834762553_rgpt

They now have pride of place on my landing.

6 Likes

A hem measuring gauge for when you’re turning up trousers and want to make sure you’ve done both legs the same length. Was a 2am amazon purchase :joy:

3 Likes

That is truly amazing :joy:

2 Likes

Thank you. The funny thing was I wasn’t even looking for anything like that at the time (I mean, who would search for such a thing?) but a chance mis-click and before I knew it I was “yes, that I must buy”.

2 Likes

I’ve bought loads from Etsy like that. Avengers clock laser cut from an old russian vinyl record? Well it would have been rude not to have bought it

4 Likes

I wish I was creative enough to sell things on Etsy, but even in my wildest imagination I can’t do better than what’s already there.

1 Like

60 mini rubber ducks 99p for all.
It was a drunken mistake…
They are on my sisters desk at work as I had no use for them at all :rofl:

4 Likes

When I was a kid my town held a rubber duck race every year. You could pay to ‘sponsor’ a duck and you’d win the pot if your duck won.

2 Likes

That is adorable! I want to do that.

1 Like

Manchester has one of these every year now.

2 Likes

Norwich got one coming up too :hatched_chick:

http://www.break-charity.org/support-us/events/grand-norwich-duck-race

3 Likes

A stuffed crow.

I will not be taking any questions, thank you.

4 Likes

Tough.

Go on.

I bought a banking app! Mental!!

2 Likes

Haha actually that thought crossed my mind after I invested. ‘isn’t it a bit odd that I just invested in a bank’…

1 Like

I’m quite sensible. My wife however…

She seem to be going through a phase of sleep-buying. Packages will randomly turn up and she has no recollection of buying them. However all of these items she was at least interested in.

The other day a white top arrived. Not her style whatsoever, not her size but addressed to her. She absolutely has no idea when she bought it :man_shrugging:

1 Like

This

It’s a red panda (also known as a firefox) kigurumi. I’ve only tried it on once, never worn it outside the house - outside my room, even. And it now takes up an entire drawer all by itself.

Nights out at the pub. Don’t do it, kids. Strange things arrive in the post later in the week.

3 Likes

Omg I want that! It’s absolutely adorable :hot_coral_heart: