What To Do if i ever lose my phone

(Simmy) #1

I have never lost a phone before but just wondering if it happens should i call up customer services ?
I have touch ID so if anyone was to use my phone they wouldnt be able to send any money out the account
Thanks

Hi @Venomx

If you lose your phone you can call the number on the back of your card and the Customer Service team will freeze the card and order you a new one. Also you are quite right in that if you have Touch ID then no one would be able to transfer money or make any unauthorised transactions.

(Andre Borie) #3

First thing first if you loose your phone you should log into Find My iPhone (or Android’s equivalent) and lock/wipe the phone remotely. Your :monzo: app is the least if your worries considering what other data your phone holds.

(Simmy) #4

I completely forgot about find my iPhone ! Just activated it thanks

(Aled) #5

First thing would be to check the find phone apps. If lost for good call phone provider and get phone blocked. Then call Monzo.

(Danny) #6

Find my iPhone won’t work as the thief will just put your phone on airplane mode as soon as they get it.

(Kevyn) #7

I wouldn’t erase an iOS device straight away, especially if it is already locked as it would be encrypted anyway and thieves/finders keepers won’t be able to get into it without the code. I would activate lost mode for a while to see if you can get it back.

I once tracked my iPhone 6 in a taxi being driven around Manchester all night and then back to my hometown. I put the lost indicator on the Find My iPhone with a backup number and the taxi driver called me and delivered it the next day.

I also accidentally dropped my iPhone X into a waste paper bin in my classroom (without realising it) and, via the cleaner moving the full bin, it ended up in a blue council recycling bin on the street. Again, find my iPhone allowed me to retrieve it hours later using the ping sound and the location (it was a shock when I realised it was in the bin!).

On topic, I would just ring customer services to get them to disassociate my account from the phone. You wouldn’t need to cancel the card either if you have the card…