What to do about chargeback

Is Monzo.me a bank transfer? Or a debit card purchase? Not that I think it matters in this instance.

It’s a debit card transaction.

There are different dispute processes for each, but AFAIK, the process for disputing a faster payment is much more friendly to the person receiving the transfer.

Was the Monzo.me payment actually a transfer from Monzo: they may have used the Monzo.me link to make a credit/debit card/Google Pay/Apple Pay payment (via Stripe)?

I don’t use Shpock (but have been nagged by the ads!) but if there’s a facility for it I’d definitely consider reporting the buyer on there (if that’s an option).

You’ve given him the very good offer to return the console for a refund. He has refused. I’d say he’s a chancer; why wouldn’t he want to do this?

Tell him it was sold as seen, and to do one.

4 Likes

It might be worth noting giving someone your account details is pretty secure, there isn’t anything you can do with them (read up about when Jeremy Clarkson put his in his newspaper column - someone used it to set up a direct debit to Greenpeace but that’s easily sorted out.

As for the chargeback if it was a retailer he’d have to show he’d tried to return the faulty item but given you’ve offered to take it back and he refused, it would be clear he’s just taking the mick. Don’t worry about it unless he really does successfully get the money back somehow - in which case, speak to the police about theft or fraud.

1 Like

Yes it was via a monzo me link. Had friends pay me via it before as it’s fast and simple

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.