What’s your next holiday?

How about “Holistay”? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

1 Like

Would be very interested to pick your brains then, once you’re home again. Think this would be a great trip.

1 Like

We haven’t been abroad since 2018. Partly due to COVID, and partly because the thought of how much it will cost for the five of us during school holidays is just distressing.

We did go to Butlins last Summer. It wasn’t exotic, but the kids absolutely loved it, which ultimately is all that matters.

5 Likes

Exactly :+1:
As long as you’re not at work/school/home and everyone enjoys themselves, that’s all that matters

3 Likes

The North East coast is an area I’d definitely support you ticking off the list. A fabulous area. Stayed up there for a week in a cottage about 10 years ago now and had an excellent week exploring and eating. Thoroughly recommend, and I’m sure will go back at some time.

1 Like

Totally with you on the last part - with two relatively small children all that matters is they enjoy whatever you do, so you don’t need to spend a fortune.

Also about to discover just how bad school holiday prices are as both of ours will be in school as of September. Up to now we’ve managed to get away with it a bit with Covid rollovers, but that will be less likely now.

2 Likes

We never went away when I was a kid, not too sure why I guess it wasn’t financially feasible and then with my small friendship circle things have just never aligned and we were never the type to go on holidays to Ibiza in our early 20’s and I was too focused on my career, then covid kinda took away 2 years, so looking at the moment at going to Kauai or Maui with a few friends, a proper detox and recharge kinda holiday!

2 Likes

my only ‘holiday’ recently was middlesbrough for a long weekend - beat that!

2 Likes

Can’t wait to get out in the :camping: tent again this year. No passport currently, so UK–based for a while. Hoping to get back to Europe later this year, taking the train.

2 Likes

I remember doing the Duke of Edinburgh award and that experience in a tent definitely scarred me hahah, I’ve bought tickets to Reading Festival 2 years on the trot and sold them both times because the thought of camping haunts me, let alone camping around a load of drunks :joy:

2 Likes

Reading Festival is hardly camping! Try somewhere where you can see the stars and hear the owls.

4 Likes

If you can make it past the final night without your tent being burnt down, then you can call it a success.

2 Likes

Why on earth? :sweat_smile:

I’m up the road in Hartlepool :neutral_face:

proper camping i could probably tolerate to be fair, DofE was in the middle of the winter in the piss poor weather

1 Like

my other half comes from the boro, we were there for her mums birthday. I know hartlepool very well. love the area, may move up one day (from the south coast)

1 Like

UK camping can be both amazing and totally washed-out. We’ve had it all. But are ready to do it all again. Mostly North West and Lake District, making us hard-as-nails. This could potentially be our last year, as all the kids are at the point of ‘no more - I’m moving on’ and as far as the parent-groups go - why do tenting without kids when we can just go to a hotel or luxury outdoors facility?

The memories though. Incredible*. Love it. Roasting marshmallows over a BBQ pit while looking up for shooting stars and satellites amongst the stars. And for that experience alone, I’d choose it over most overseas holidays we’ve had as a family.

*my reported sleeping bag snoring excepted…

5 Likes

Seaton is nice, I’m just off Seaton Lane. Nice walk to the beach on a good day!

1 Like

Porto Santo Island in May to relax and as there’s very little on the island aside from the beach it’ll be a nice break away

1 Like

Sun Holidays back, from Saturday :joy: