What’s your next holiday?

General curiosity. The summer holiday season is coming up.

I’ll go first. I’m planning a walk from Belfast to Derry over two weeks in June. Mainly camping with the occasional hostel or B&B and lots of swimming. It’s an area I’ve wanted to visit for a long time (never been to Ireland!).

What’s everyone else up to / got booked / planned / has hazy aspirations of doing one day?

10 Likes

I actually don’t know.

We’re thinking a mix of little city breaks (Europe) plus a few big sunny ones. Greece perhaps.

I’d go back to Madeira but apparently we have to give it a rest for a year.

1 Like

We have Kos for 11 nights in October all inclusive. Wasn’t a bad deal to be fair, and it’ll be really chill.

Unsure if a city break would be possible inbetween but will see closer July.

2 Likes

Big fan of the Med in September/ October. It’s warm but not stupidly hot, the crowds have long since gone and it’s all hugely more affordable. Kos is great too!

2 Likes

Taking the step daughter and my partner to Paris in aug and just booked Fuerteventura for jan

3 Likes

I’ve never been, but I did see the weather is fair that time of year. We did Lanzarote in April the other year and that was also fair weather.

Too hot just ruins it, did club 18-30 in Zante many years back and it was so stupidly hot it ruined the holiday (or week long party) :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Spain at Easter for youth football tournament. In summer someone twisted my arm to go to Dubai - Atlantis The Palm. It will be hot and humid. I look forward to sitting in the pool.

1 Like

10 day roadtrip over to Europe & around Europe in June.

Back to Florida for Disney in September I think.

Just looking at maybe going to Budapest - never been so ideas welcome :eyes:

2 Likes

Boston in the US mid-April to run the marathon. The wife is coming but the children are staying with grandparents so a nice grown up break!

Then a couple of nights away end of May where we’ll take the little ones to Legoland.

No other fixed plans as yet, but we’ll definitely do some weekends away in the campervan too - without having to go too far. The little ones are only 4 and almost 6 so they don’t want or need to go all that far.

3 Likes

I love Budapest, maybe one of my favourite European cities. It’s beautiful and has a very relaxed vibe, yet some great nightlife. The guys are hot too.

The food sort of sucks (it has that general east European vibe, there’s a lot of stew) but the chimney cakes are delicious

2 Likes

brb, booking flights for next weekend :eyes:

What sort of things do you highly suggest doing etc? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Just getting my passport.

1 Like

With the guys? Anything consensual :stuck_out_tongue:

Jk, there’s a few cool museums, the old baths are an absolute must (went twice last time I was there) and some other hot baths around. I’m a pretty relaxed traveller, so I tend to find some decent cafes, go for a walk and then head out in the evening.

2 Likes

Amazing! Good luck. Is it your first?

1 Like

IIRC some of the old baths had (traditional) single-gender, swimwear optional times and they had to reduce hours (end the tradition?) because of guys

1 Like

Nothing to report here :person_shrugging:

Maybe that will change by the summer, maybe not.

2 Likes

Did you misspell ‘gays’ :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! Not my first - will be number 6. It will also be my 4th of the ‘Big 6’ which I’d like to complete as an achievement. I’ve done London, Berlin and New York. I’ll be left with Chicago and Tokyo. Pretty cool places to get to visit, as well as the sense of achievement from completing the marathons too!

5 Likes

Just landed for a week in Lanzarote :sunny:
Currently 24C I believe so not too bad!

After that I’ve got a Mediterranean cruise booked for October which I’m really looking forward to.

3 Likes

I feel like I’ve seen you posting in the F1 topic. I went to the race there the year it rained and Hamilton was the only person to line up on the grid for the restart.

Would definitely recommend going for the race, GA tickets are dirt cheap too.

Also, you can quite easily combine the trip to take in multiple cities. I did Vienna to Budapest once by rail and it took no time at all.

3 Likes