What’s in your wallet?

I also quite like the look of these, from Tom Bihn

2 Likes

Also nice, but with shipping about same price as Trove. Plus would rather back a UK company than a US one! :uk:

1 Like

I bought a Bellroy Note wallet about five years ago, which is starting to come apart a bit, but I still love it. I was going to replace it but they redesigned it a few years ago and I don’t like the current version as much as the one I have sadly.

I have loooooads of cards in my wallet, but thanks to its slim design it never feels too full.

IMG_4226

Front main section - stuff I use daily:
Monzo card
Oyster card
Gym membership card

Right side main section - stuff I need access to more often but not immediately:
Club card
John Lewis giftcard
Boots advantage card
Superdrug Beautycase
Paperchase card
Drivers license
Tate membership card
Office door access card

Right side behind my main cards - stuff I don’t need often, but do want at hand as I’d never remember to pick them up before a trip:
Ikea family card
Body Shop card
Balans restaurant loyalty card
Nando’s card
Barburrito loyalty card
M&S Sparks card
Tortilla card
Nectar card (backup)

Picture of my card holder. Not as expensive as some as yours haha but does the job nicely. image image

5 Likes

Oooh, I like that! Got a link?

Yeah I got it from here

Available in loads of colours.

Although I think the one I’ve got isn’t available anymore sorry.

1 Like

Card wise, in mine, I’ve got:

• Oyster card
  • Lloyds business debit card (this and the Oyster in the ‘quick access’ bit of my Trove)
  • Lloyds debit card
  • Lloyds credit car
  • Monzo joint account card
  • Starling card
  • Starling business (not actually sure why I carry this around!)
  • Driving licence
  • Dozens card

Found it!

https://herschelsupplyco.co.uk/shop/wallets/felix-wallet?v=10401-01828-OS

1 Like

Ahh I showed you the wrong model sorry haha. Been a while since I bought it.

1 Like

I do not carry a wallet.

Usually just my phone. If I do take my card it just goes in my pocket by it self. I do find it wears faster though. A metal card might wear better. Though I do not really care how the card looks.

If I ever need to carry more than one card, I would use an Oyster holder as it is free an about as thin as you can get.

1 Like

American Express Platinum Every Day
Monzo Plus
Starling
Revolut
Curve
ABC Union Pay
HSBC
Driver’s License

Have on of those mental slide up ones with the button thing.

i have a bellroy card wallet https://bellroy.com/products/card-sleeve-wallet/default/charcoal

• Monzo plus card
  • Curve card
  • Company fuel card
  • American express corporate card
  • Driving licence
  • Tile slim tracker

Doesn’t your DL act as ID

It’s cheaper.

One year of travel on contactless just to work alone, no travel on weekends would cost me

£1,731.60 Oyster would be £1,648

If I include weekends the price difference is a few hundred pounds.

Also Oyster is 1/3 off peak with railcard.

1 Like

Actually this is false. There are different backend systems so it can work out the pricing differently.

I have no idea how TfL gets that claim
past the ASA

2 Likes

So you’re saying that TfL claim that contactless is the same price as Oyster.

And you’re saying that this claim is wrong and that Oyster is cheaper.

But then you post a video from an independent source (not TfL) which shows contactless is cheaper than Oyster.

I’m confused. Where’s the evidence to back up your assertion that Oyster is cheaper?

I think it might be the railcard mentioned. You can add a railcard to an Oyster card but not to a contactless card, is my understanding.

1 Like

The

seemed to imply it was cheaper before the factor of a railcard.

Still confused.

1 Like

Oyster is cheaper because I have an annual TravelCard. If you travel full time during peak hours, Monthly / Annual season tickets are the cheapest option.

However any excess travel outside my zones is also 1/3 off full price because I have a railcard discount added to my Oyster.

One cannot do this on Contsctless

1 Like

Let’s do some math:

Single Zone 1-3 Peak PAYGO journey is £3.30 there are 5 working days in a week.

Therefore this is £33.00 a week.

52 weeks in a year this would be:
£1,716 with pay as you go.

My annual travel card was £1,600

Assuming one takes 4 weeks holiday, the annual travel card is £16 more than an annual travel card. This is the cost of 2 return journeys. Most people will do some other travel in the year besides going to work.

If one takes the bus in addition to the tube, they would likely hit the fare cap which is £41.20 assuming they only work 46 weeks out of the year this is still more expensive at £1,895.20

The video was explaining how PAYGO fares on oyster and contactless are not the same
due to differences in intelligence in choosing the best cap.

my main point in explaining why oyster is cheaper was to explain why people still use Oyster to @alexmh