What music are you listening to at the moment?

New Róisín Murphy release, a 15 minute live version of one of her old tracks.

2 Likes

Loud music kinda day :upside_down_face:

Alan Parsons Project is an amazing shout, quite honestly. Eve (expanded edition) is excellent!

Though today is a Yazoo day. Vince Clarke and all… Don’t Go and Only You. Moyet is talented in and of herself.

2 Likes

Yazoo were brilliant, and Alison’s debut “Alf” is sublime. Managed to pick up the 12" of “Invisible” last time I was in LA, with the extended mix on it :blush:

For my money, it’s those two Yazoo records that contain Vince Clarke’s finest work (although a few Erasure songs are up there too!)

2 Likes

I was fortunate back in the day to have seen Yazoo perform at Leeds University’s Union building and they were superb.

Alison’s own ’ Love Resurrection’ (1983 or maybe 1984?) remains one of my all time favourites. Good video too.

3 Likes

Picked up American Utopia recently for one of my friends and since I’ve been in a bit of a Talking Heads binge.

2 Likes

New Everything but the Girl, this is a stone cold killer of a tune

2 Likes

The soundtracks are the one consistently superb element of the Destiny games. Track 13 Discipline is my favourite.

Can’t put my finger on why exactly, but there’s a particular riff that occurs in quite a few songs (about 2:15-2:30in the title track) which reminds of me Cease Fire by Christina Aguilera.

Constantly reminding myself that all my favourite albums are getting incredibly old :skull:

3 Likes

Well, catching up on…

Time’s Arrow is superb - a major evolution of sounds from Ladytron (not Velocifero level, but an admirable release). But…
Momento Mori is quite simply beyond belief. Absolutely incredible. If (a) You’re a DM fan, and (b) skip ‘Caroline’s Monkey’. Jaw-dropping. Maybe I’m getting older and subject to the mortality vibes, but it’s one hell of an album.

‘Soul With Me’ ear-worm. Won’t sleep tonight.

At the moment I’m mostly listening to the demo mixes of my new bands debut EP which should come out later this year! I’m biased, but I think it’s some of my best songwriting and production.

2 Likes

Camel_TheSnowGoose
Purchased this when I saw them on TOGWT quite a number of moons ago.

2 Likes

Now there’s a band I never expected to see on here….

Lunar Sea live really is something else :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Currently diving into Apple Music Classical at the moment, been more and more curious about Classical since lock down, and now can try and learn a bit

3 Likes

This reminds me to download this.

I was until I opened it still a little unsure why they bothered developing a separate application but it’s really nicely done.

With my line of work sometimes having classical audio is what’s needed to zone into the detail. So that’s nice

3 Likes

This is a great cover :pray:

@denisewong’s fault.

1 Like

fault? My words are a matter of pride.

2 Likes

:skull:

1 Like

Trigger Happy TV introduced me to this one.

1 Like