What music are you listening to at the moment?

3 Likes

Love a bit of Vaporwave! I personally find the ‘Simpsonwave’ ones to be especially nostalgia-inducing, not to mention deeply psychedelic…

1 Like

:person_cartwheeling::ocean:

1 Like

New Kanye album tomorrow.

Really hoping he’s gone back to his old days!

The Dee Gees :grin:

2 Likes

:notes:

and :bananadance:

1 Like

Nearly 30 years (man I feel old) and still very much going strong

6 Likes

An undeniable classic, although In Utero has the edge for me!

1 Like

Both excellent albums, but for me the raw energy of Bleach has the edge.

(And I really like the compilation album Incesticide as well, some top covers and Aneurysm there.)

2 Likes

Bleach is brilliant for sure, “School” has always been my favourite from that one. Definitely “Aneurysm” and “Sliver” from Incesticide. Can’t go wrong with Nirvana!

One story I have that always makes me laugh - I used to rehearse with my band at a place near Old St station called Fortress which had rehearsal space downstairs and studios upstairs. One day Steve Albini (who produced In Utero) was recording upstairs and sent someone down to the rehearsal space to say we were playing too loud :joy::joy::joy: I thought that was hugely ironic.

4 Likes

Both amazing records. For me it’s a nostalgia thing with Nevermind, trundling to Alton Towers as a grumpy young teenager when all of a sudden the DJ on the radio played a new song, SLTS came on and boom I was sold :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: So I think because of that Nevermind pips In Utero

1 Like

Reliving my early 2000s :older_man:t3:

2 Likes

The greatest motion picture soundtrack of all time.

1 Like

Not sure about the GOAT. But its definitely constantly on repeat in our house.

1 Like

Trip back to the 90s today. Love it.

2 Likes

Sad music is good music.

My all time favourite song based on total number of listens:

Ooh, love a bit of Daughter. Don’t know if I have a favourite song from them – but perhaps Not to Disappear is their best album for me.

I’ve been listening to London Grammar and Scissor Sisters lately – I really like the Apple Music playlists they usually call Essentials and Next Steps for each artist. They’re good intros to a particular artist’s work

1 Like

On repeat. Yola is from Bristol and I’m fortunate enough to be going to the record launch and watching her perform. Can’t wait :purple_heart: