What films do you recommend?

Not psychological horror but a dark film that just popped into my head to try is The Lobster

Then try his The Killing of a Sacred Deer which I would say is psychological horror.

1 Like

I actually watched the lobster last night.

I agree it’s not really a horror and doesn’t have any jumpy parts that leaves you on your seat but it is a slightly dark and kinda decent film

1 Like

Worth a watch of The Killing of a Sacred Deer if you like his directing.

That again isn’t jumpy it’s more :frowning_face_with_open_mouth: :face_with_hand_over_mouth: unsettling

Ive just noticed a new one is out next year called Poor Things

Spoiler free trailer version.

Spoiler version hidden

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TE0cq0CD9rU

Ever seen The Babadook?

1 Like

Free guy has been my favourite film this year I think. Great action, also genuinely funny, and a cool plot.

1 Like

Well there’s going to be a Mrs Browns boys Halloween special

Can’t think of anything more terrifying than that

3 Likes

I’ll second this suggestion. I have a friend who fears no horror film. Nothing scares him, nothing makes him jump, nothing creeps him out. Except this one. Cloverfield is his favourite film though.

The conjuring series of films are amongst my favourites. IT as well. And the purge if you’d consider those horror.

A film and media teacher I’m friends with will argue with anyone whose favourite horror film is not [Rec]. It’s Spanish but worth watching, because it is quite good.

1 Like

Night Teeth is a decent and modern vampire film on Netflix.

[Rec] is great!

1 Like

Rec 1 & 2 is ok
3,4,5 is poor

The basement one?

That’s 10 Cloverfield Lane - the original Cloverfield is in NY shot on the handheld cam, monster-dodging.

1 Like

I’m watching a James Bond film a day, currently on day 4, so a bit to go yet.

1 Like

I’ve never seen a single James Bond film before. Am I missing out?

If you’ve into that genre of film then yeah certainly. It’s also good from the point of view of seeing how times have changed, the 1st was 1962.

2 Likes

Have you just slept through every bank holiday since you were born?

5 Likes

Not really no. The best ones are average films and the worst ones are really really bad films. Unless cheesy spy action is really your thing, which if it was, you’d probably have sought them out by now.

1 Like

As a Bond Fan, I’d first recommend the Bourne Trilogy.

2 Likes

Well theres five with The Bourne Legacy (2012) and Jason Bourne (2016) :smiley:

Although they are like the 4th and 5th Die Hard movies to be fair in that they should have stopped at three.

1 Like