What Car Do You Drive? šŸš™ šŸš—

Iā€™m seriously considering an electric car next year when itā€™s time to replace the fiesta. Initial costs are still a tad on the high side for me though. I have solar panels though and donā€™t drive during the day which is swaying me but not 100% convinced yet but ideally I want one before the government end the grants to install charging ports at home

I almost got a Lexus 200H last year, but my partner moved to work in central London and we couldnā€™t justify the ownership just to use it on the weekend is too highā€¦

However highly considering Model 3 in about 2 to 3 years time :slight_smile:

ps.: Yes, I was insistent on the red colour.

1 Like

I would love one. But they cost a heck of a lot of money so I will buy one when they filter down onto the used market :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Just waiting for the Model 3 to finally hit the UKā€¦

2 Likes

^^Thisā€¦

Also waiting until I get a house with a drive way that I can charge an electric car onā€¦

5 Likes

Hilariously enough I have a parking space with an electric charger but no car :man_shrugging:

However it is investment in the futureā€¦ I guessā€¦

1 Like

Without meaning to rock the boat, this country needs to stop opposing wind farms etc for this to be a valid argument - I get your desire, and its admiral to be that way. I used to work for a rural local authority and any wind farm, offshore wind farm etc that got proposed got rejected because of objectionsā€¦ we are heading in the right direction, and electric cars will help when we have better renewable energy but as far as I know (and I am probably wrong) a large proportion of electricity is still generated by burning fossil fuelsā€¦

3 Likes

Iā€™d love an Electric Car, especially a Tesla, but itā€™s completely impractical for me. Thereā€™s nowhere to charge one at work or at home.

I used to watch Fully Charged but got sick of Robert Llewellyn preaching about everyone with disgusting diesel cars and there not being an excuse not to go electric these daysā€¦ Yeah thatā€™s easy for him to say with his huge house in itā€™s own grounds with a massive double garage. Try living on a council estate where youā€™re lucky to get anywhere remotely near your house and are parking on the street. Pretty sure Iā€™d be sued to death if I threw a cable out of the window across the footpath and the road over to my car!

2 Likes

I think it is getting there a bit by bitā€¦

2 Likes

I wouldnā€™t worry too muchā€¦ driving is getting more and more annoying as each day passesā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m grateful that less than half an hour from me is the UKs largest onshore wind farm (used to be Europeā€™s!). Itā€™s fanatic for walks and biking. Once just empty land and forestry has been transformed in to an awesome place to get outdoors. None of the turbines are cordoned off either so you can go right up to them

Not to mention parkingā€¦

2 Likes

Takes me 44 mins to get thereā€¦ :grin:

1 Like

Go the backroad via EK and Auldhouse :wink:

1 Like

I think my views on renewable energy are tainted because of working at that local authority, its easy to have your own experiences muddy the true picture.

Back on topic, here is my old Polo from many moons ago:

and my Polo R-Line from a few less moons ago:

1 Like

I get the feeling if we made it the law that all MPā€™s were under 40 the world might be a better placeā€¦ I canā€™t help think that once you get older you become less and less likely to embrace change or more importantly use common sense when appropriateā€¦

4 Likes

Itā€™s currently just under 40% Fossil Fuels (from gas turbines). ~20% Nuclear, ~20% Wind, ~20% Other renewables (biomass, hydro, solar), 0% Coal.

http://www.gridwatch.templar.co.uk/

2 Likes

Since the Tesla Model 3 wonā€™t be out over here for a while yet, Iā€™m getting ready to bite the bullet on this :grimacing:

Audi%20A3%20Sportback%20Black%20Ed

5 Likes

I currently drive a 2017 Toyota Auris Hybrid, and before that I had a 2015 Toyota Yaris Hybrid. I love them.

My next car will be a C-HR Hybrid (planning to order it in December for delivery in March 2019).

How are you finding your C-HR?

My only gripe with Toyotaā€¦ still no CarPlay or Android Auto!

1 Like

Actually more and more of their cars would have Car Play: