What can you not believe we still have to deal with in 2019?

“Reality” TV “stars”

Edit: And all the various people who seem to get lumped into the category of “celeb”, when they are only a celebrity in their own Instagram account.

2 Likes

Gemma Collins

4 Likes

The NHS in it’s current iteration… it shouldn’t be quicker to fly elsewhere for care (a friend of mine went all the way back to saudi (an 8 hour) flight because it was quicker!)

1 Like

You beat me to it.

I’m going to add to the list:

• Crap internet
• Those labels that are supposed to peel off but don’t
• Banks only opening when everyone is at work.

4 Likes

Could add most shops to that

Apparently the High Street is struggling

Their big idea: Only be open when I am at work

3 Likes

Patchy cell phone service, especially in urban areas. Drives me mad!

1 Like

Racism
Sexism
Homophobism
Inequality
Plastics
Unsustainable Palm oil
Meat

3 Likes

Shops that still don’t accept card payments at all.

3 Likes

I blame the parents and schools for not stamping it out. My 12 yr old niece (from my wife’s side, Catholic) said something along the lines of “that’s because she’s a Protestant” towards my daughter even though she is neither. She just doesn’t go to a Catholic school. If the people outside of Glasgow actually supported their own teams ie Morton, St Mirren,Thistle etc then I don’t think the problem would be nearly as bad!

2 Likes

Extremist views.

I genuinely believe that the internet has created a culture whereby you’re either wrong or right. No middle ground. No “I can see this from your point of view but I still disagree because…”.

I think politics across Europe and America firmly validates this. Seems to be a choice of either the Extreme Left or the Extreme Right. No centre ground.

Brexit. You’re either a remoaner or gammon. It’s pathetic.

And touching on this slightly, the misuse of power and influence by the media. They still seem to hold some sway over opinions but when you see s*** like the below posted…it does make me think that as a race we are doomed!!

(Maybe this should have been posted on the https://community.monzo.com/t/what-really-grinds-your-gears/44583 thread??)

3 Likes

Along similar lines, I can’t believe that issues like gun control, abortion and universal health are still such controversial topics in the the USA.

In any other modern democracy they’re just accepted norms, not vote swinging policies.

2 Likes

Ooh I got another one!

Trump.

2 Likes