We're working on a new look for the Monzo app

It’s in the list of pots for me at the top.

Seems to be a link to find out about borrowing rather than my actual overdraft, which I do have …

I have noticed a significant difference between Recent and Frequent: If someone pays you, they appear in the Recent section. However, the Frequent section seems to only contain people you have paid frequently.

Personally, I find both Recent and Frequent useful. Although, I do this it would make a lot of sense to have them both scroll horizontally on the main Payments tab and in the Pay/Request sections to save space.

It comes and goes for me. Last time I saw it, along with the Investec savings pot info was early last week.

2 Likes

BTW on iOS spent today is very much alive in the widget screen

7 Likes

Would it be better to just have single one?
Weighted slightly more towards showing you people that you have paid
But maybe one or two of the people who have paid you most recently
(something like that anyway)

Recents/Frequents should be like text messages…

You pay you’re at the top, you don’t you’re at the bottom.

I don’t care who is at the bottom of my texts likewise who I pay money to.

1 Like

Can anyone else check this?

If you change an image on a pot then close the app the image gets deleted and the pot has no imagine at all.

iOS TestFlight 2.45.0

:android: here

App 2.45.0
LG G6 with Android 8.0.0

It probably has been mentioned above, but the feed doesn’t update with pot transactions.

So:

• I go to View all, add/withdraw from a pot then press the back button to go to the transaction screen
  • The pot addition/withdrawal is not there
  • I click on Payments then back to Home
  • The pot addition/withdrawal is there

Seems like the back button from View all isn’t triggering a feed refresh and it’s not like I can pull down on the feed to force a refresh like on the old view.

So I’ve literally just got the new look :tada:

I think I like it… But initial impression is that there’s too much screen estate taken up now (ironically). And that I expected my balance to elegantly shrink to the top bar as I moved the card away (but that it doesn’t).

That aside, keen to start playing with it!

4 Likes

After several days using the new layout and aside from the transaction feed refresh issues, the UX needs improvement.

To get to see my Personal Account from my Joint account, I have to visually locate the ‘View all’ at the top of the screen and tap on it, then tap on ‘Switch account’ displayed just under where my eyes were, then locate which account I want to look at at the bottom of the screen then tap it, then locate the back arrow at the top of the screen and tap it.

My eyes are constantly flicking up and down the entire length of the phone display, closely followed by my finger to tap the small target areas. Tedious.

But the important basics are already there in the new design. For example - show additional cards in the top ‘card’ area where you can see that there are more cards/accounts to the left and/or right than the central card (for which the transaction feed is showing) - like this mock-up, showing my Joint account is selected in the central area, with a Barclaycard [cough] partially visible to the left and a Monzo Personal account partially visible to the right;

monzo%20ux%202

Then, drag down the transaction feed ‘handle’ to show the large card view as is done now and what you currently get is a large dead area (the card itself) which could be active and tappable;

monzo%20ux%201

• If you tap on the central card you are then taken to the ‘View all’ screen (pots/borrowing/etc.) data for that card
  • If you swipe left (or right) in the large card area, you can bring a registered card into the central area and the transaction feed auto-changes to reflect the centrally displayed card

So I’ve managed to select and see different ‘cards’; Joint Account, Personal Account, registered Barclaycard, registered HSBC, etc., etc. along with their corresponding transaction feeds by simply swiping left, right, up, down in the central area of the screen.

And without the need for the ‘View all’ tap section at the top (removed in my mock-ups above), other data could be placed there for convenience, like the account £total for the displayed account, including pots.

Admittedly, easier to describe than to implement but there is so much scope for improvement to the UX

11 Likes

Love this, this is exactly what I envision… but then again it’s only because I have a few pots… maybe one or two at a time

My SO that has 6 or 7 prefers the new look

2 Likes

I like this. A lot.

2 Likes

How do I see the total amount in my account including all pots? It used to be on the account screen, but this tab been replaced.

( Sorry if it’s been mentioned before. )

1 Like

I think the feature of picking up these details is very handy. I hate the way they are handled. I get money frequently via PayPal and it annoys me it gets into my frequent listing

1 Like

View all top left hand corner.

Should say on the top bar of that page.

Thanks. Although View All is top right on my version. Clicking that shows this

For reference, this is what the Activity screen shows at the moment

1 Like

How odd. They’re on opposite sides. I assume you’re on iOS?

Yeah I’m on iOS. Just updated the app as well. I think the new design is a lot better in most areas, just seems like a small detail that’s fell between the gaps on the iOS version.

So does the Android version still show the total in the new design?

@bruno Do you think we could get some sort of refresh button, as you can’t pull down to refresh now? :blush:

6 Likes