We're working on a new look for the Monzo app

New TestFlight out!

Is the Something Big giving the new layout to everyone?

1 Like

I would imagine so yeh

I think switching energy supplier should be out of Settings and at the bottom of View All where it says “Do more with Monzo”

3 Likes

Apologies if this has been mentioned, but has anyone else noticed that it reverts back to the sole account each time you open the app (assuming you have a joint)?

2 Likes

I would have to say that the two following are my biggest notes:

• Text labels for navigation, I don’t find icons as intuitive as having both. It’s a pet hate for modern apps and websites.

• The “tray” doesn’t scroll as I’d expect. Pulling down scrolls to the next account instead of the transactions, but scrolling up from the account that has then appeared goes to the summary page, not back to the first account.

Currently works OK on Android 2.65 with multiple accounts (Personal/Joint/ConnectedCC’s) - leaving the app on a specific account results in the Home feed showing the same account when the app is next opened.

2.65 iOS switching via the home button now feels instant. Big speed improvement.

Completely agree that the search button should be here, but without the word “search” - people generally know what the magnifying glass symbol means.

7 Likes

Hope the new look is going to include bill pots icons on the main feed as this had me worried:

When really I’ve squirreled :chipmunk: it away in the new bill pots:

8 Likes

Just came to give my two cents on the ‘game theory’ of Monzo. The thing that attracts me to, and keeps me with, monzo, is the summary page.

1. When you first land in-app there’s an adorable animation letting me know if I’m chasing the green line or if I’m waiting for it to chase me. That’s literally all I care about.

2. If I have to look at my pots every time I log in I will see that money there and I WILL SPEND IT. Out of sight, out of mind. Please keep it that way :sob:

2 Likes

This has already been acknowledged by Bruno as something that will be fixed at a later date.

Regarding tapping the home icon as a shortcut to switch between accounts:

This was changed a couple of versions ago: the home button tap now only moves between personal and joint accounts. It skips connected cards and Things you can do with Monzo.

3 Likes

@bruno, I think I’ve found a bug in the account/pot list in the new nav. I added a pot to our joint account recently, and in the list it appears above the Joint Account itself:

When swiping through the cards, it appears at the end of my Joint Account pots as one would expect.

3 Likes

It doesn’t do this on Android and I want it to stop on connected cards, it’s the pots that are in the way :worried:

4 Likes

So just noticed on new nav the dates are out on the old nav when I reverted back quickly to check this issue it said my DD for The Gym is coming out tomorrow but then in new nav it says in two days is this something that’s going to get rectified as that’s a pretty broken mechanic at the moment and can cause issues down the line.

Try force closing the app and re-open it to see if that resolves it.

1 Like

Yeah just did and it still occurs then I reverted back to old nav and it says tomorrow will try again.

Now I look and feel like a derp it just updated now haha after like the third force close.

1 Like

It’s a bug Monzo are aware of, if you had the app open the day before, then open it the next day, it still thinks it’s the previous day, hence why it said 2 days!

2 Likes

@LancelotPayne this seems to be a known issue and I can’t help but think it ought to be a higher priority than it is…

3 Likes