We're working on a new look for the Monzo app

This 100%. I’m not a fan at the moment because there nothing visual to split it up. That’s perfect

1 Like

you guys arn’t thinking about the long term impacts!

They said they’d like to show different cards above different account lists. What happens when the card is blue! This is why they’ve kept it minimal and clean. Room for options and adjustments and showing different information they can’t currently show. They are future proofing.

13 Likes

Also I am pretty sure that blue is dead/dying now within the app along with the coloured ‘M’ as part of a branding shift.

1 Like

Feedback

Positives

• UI looks much cleaner than before.

• Loving the collapsible feed - I didn’t like it when I saw the screenshots in the original post but using it completely changed my mind.

• I like how the balance and “Personal Account” become smaller when you expand the feed fully.

• Having “Add money” as an icon below the card is much better than a banner across the top.

• It was really easy to find most things - although I think some people might not realise they can click on the profile icon in the top left.

Suggested Improvements

• View all/Accounts section

• Although I like having pots in the “View all” section, I think “View all” should be renamed on the Home screen - currently it’s not clear what’s in there.

• I think the “View all” section needs to have a “Total balance” either at the very top of the “Accounts” screen or just above/inline with the posts section, which includes pots & main account balance, at the top. I found the total balance including pots in the old Accounts tab really useful.

• Like many others, I’d prefer the Borrowing section to be below the Pots section - people will still see it every time they create a new pot.

• It would be good if “Spent Today” was brought back - it could go next to the personal account balance. Perhaps Spent Today could be split into separate “Card Spent” and “Committed Spend” figures.

7 Likes

First thoughts, it’s clean and I like it.

Things I miss and I would like to see bought back are:

• Total in accounts
  • Spent today (please include this somewhere!)
  • Summary (or some form of summary)
2 Likes

Would love to be able to quickly flick between my Monzo (salary, bills, rent etc), AMEX (everyday spending) and joint account (shopping and shared expenses with my partner). Swipe seems like a natural gesture here.

Would also be great to have a combined screen where I can see all transactions from all my bank accounts as one unified summary (once we’re getting rich transactions from AMEX or other linked cards).

Loving the new look and definitely glad to see the pulse go (especially the huge dive when my rent and bills come out :grimacing:). Never really found any use in it.

4 Likes

I think this is progress. At least it will be when the bugs are gone and the UX is ironed out. My observations:

• My Investec Pot has gone - or rather its reverted to a Regular Pot and I’ve lost my interest. I’ve let support know.
  • Open a fixed savings pot option has gone from Joint account
  • I can’t see my overdraft in Home. The overdraft button in ‘View all’ does nothing.
  • I’d like ‘spent today’ back and the amount in your account to be more prominent.
  • Is the massive Monzo card really needed now?
  • I’ve a notification ‘1’ on the home icon and I don;t know why it’s there and I can’t clear it.
  • Better account switcher is needed plus when you have switched please bring back the joint profile pictures, as that was cute.
  • Summary is much needed or some form of it
2 Likes

Have you checked the Notification centre (bell icon in the top left)?

So far it’s clean I like the new design glad the graph is gone never really had a use for it anyway, hopefully summary will be tweaked/improved and come back soon as well as spent today as small a function as it may be it’s really handy to just have it there.

Additional Feedback

The swipe gesture to scroll back to the top of the feed is really useful.

However, if you scroll down a bit in the feed then collapse the feed, it scrolls back to the top of the feed, which could be really annoying if you needed to collapse the feed to quickly freeze your card or something. It would be better if collapsing the feed kept it in the same place you had scrolled to.

1 Like

I also have the pots not updating issue :man_shrugging:

I love the new design, think its clean and beautiful to be honest.

I also think the view all section should be renamed to something like accounts, on first clicking it i didnt expect it to show what it did to be honest

As @adinus said, i use summary to limit my spending in various categories, for my personal account and for our joint account

1 Like

replied to your other message before i reached this one…ooops

The thing i like about summary is the category sliders showing a progress bar for each individual category, as well as “xx left of xx to spend” with the amount spent on the right hand side.

In your right-most screenshot, what do the values mean? amount spent? amount left? what percentage of the budget is that?

It’s missing quite a lot and with no real benefit that i can see compared to having its own tab

2 Likes

I think a little education on how current features work would reduce the perceived need for a rework.

The current committed spend covers what a committed spend pot would do but only if you make use of the ‘left to spend’ feature

1 Like

Agree about Borrowing being moved. I’m not eligible for whatever reason so for me I’ll never need to see it. Below pots maybe?

1 Like

Yep. This would be a good addition when you pull down the screen to reveal the main card screen. If you had the option to scroll through your pots, like in previous versions of monzo, it would feel more coherent.

I hate the hard sell for overdrafts on the pot list and makes the whole page a mess. There has to be something to avoid this page.

1 Like

Thanks yes, there’s nothing in the inbox. Must a bug. I’m sure it will be ironed out.

3 Likes

First thoughts, loving the design it’s clean and fresh.

Feedback I would say to look at would be:

Is the big orange card needed?

I reckon the view all should be changed to something else e.g my account?

Bring back how much has been spent in the day.

Clear up the payments screen it’s messy.

Also a dark mode would be nice.

1 Like

Just got the preview and have used it for a little while and I agree with most of the comments on here - I really miss the summary tab - especially the ability to see my “remaining” amount after scheduled payments. Aware that it’s coming back in the future, but it needs a revamp too… maybe for it to become smarter somehow? I’m always going over budget and it never actively tells me to look into changing my budget or what my average daily spend is - even custom categories. Things like that would be useful too.

I don’t think the card-pull tray is necessary - you could just tap the card to show card settings?

Very glad that the Pulse graph is gone though. I second dark-mode!

4 Likes