We're working on a new look for the Monzo app

If we’re going to start adding options I want to go the other way. Balance is of no value to me… I only want to see how much I have left to spend not how much is notionally in the account (but all allocated to bills, so not real money) - that can be on another screen.

2 Likes

The new look is just as bad as the old one! I know Pulse had mixed reviews, but for me it was meaningless. The Payments screen on ios continues to look like my technophobe grandmother designed it. I’m just finding a lot of the UI untidy. I much prefer the slick, simple and we’ll organised look of the Starling app. Monzo are all over the shop at the moment, the whole app needs redesigning.

I think I said exactly the same thing, maybe it didn’t come across as such? If it was optional, you could turn it off as well as on - win-win

Best scenario would be to include a balance (historical, current and future) in a revamped Summary screen. Now that would be killer…

Don’t like my account number and sort code constantly being at the top of the screen. Maybe have the signature “M” logo there? or make it say “current account” like it does when you scroll down.

Do not like summary/budget being in the top right (coupled with the fact that I do not like there being 3 options on the menu at the bottom). I feel like there should be 4 options at the bottom. (Home/Summary/Payments/Help).

On the “account” tab (when you click your profile pic) I’d like to see my beta and investor tags there instead of the “get Monzo plus”.

Also stop telling me to “learn about loans and overdrafts” and stop telling me to “switch to Monzo”. It is already my sole and main current account.

Also, would still kind of like to see the total balance (all pots, etc)

Settings being within settings, being within account is a pain. Overall, its nice but there are a lot of silly unthought of things in there.

Also, when in account setting a back button or home button in the top left would be nice?

10 Likes

i love the fact we now have spent on today and on other days so you can look back and see what you spent on any day.
i do not however get why so many people are asking for balance for every day… its old news and i do not see how it helps. Monzo are different and thats the point.

if you want to see what the balance was for a time / day or month just download the statement and it’s all there for you.

1 Like

100% agree with you, especially…

1 Like

How many was there before? I’ve already forgotten what the old layout looked like.

There were five: Home/Summary/Account/Payments/Help
To me it looked ok, not crowded at all, and then it was dropped from 5 to 3 menu options for no apparent reason. If it’s too many, I’d swap Help with Summary, i.e. leaving Help on the top right corner and Summary within the Nav bar.

5 Likes

Not no apparent reason if you read back. It’s because the app now supports multiple accounts and so, for example, summary is account specific and so no longer fits in properly at the bottom. @bruno explained this in further detail above.

I might be missing something but I just cannot find bank statements anymore? :thinking: I have to switch back to the old nav to get to them. iOS and latest TestFlight

Bottom of the Summary page for me, unless it’s changed between 2.57 and TF

1 Like

Same on Android, EXPORT & BANK STATEMENTS is at the bottom of Summary.

I believe you press the blue account/sort code pill once and there’s another settings section where you’ll find bank statements

3 Likes

:point_up: That’s actually a more flexible option, in terms of getting statements for specific monthly periods. Tapping in ‘EXPORT & BANK STATEMENTS’ in Summary gets you only 2 options, the current Summary period and ‘All time’

Agree that is way better, but not obvious at all!!!

Also, have there been an grumblings of a 2.58 release this week yet?

Yes, there are two ways of accessing statements. One takes you, as @davidwalton says, to, effectively, “all or this month only” and another route takes you to a statement history by month.

That seems unnecessarily convoluted. Surely, one route to all statement options, please?

2 Likes

I’m on 2.58 :android:

ducks

1 Like

I see the logic behind it - one way is to the full history of the account per month (like a normal bank) and one is a report from Summary (the current summary period or the history of all Summary periods)

I like the flexibility but agree it should all be accessible from one place. The ‘Account details’ is probably the best place to access both Statement History and Summary History. Then the link at the bottom of the Summary page should be changed to take you to the ‘Account details’ page.

Yea, Apple are notoriously difficult with approvals, especially when the app requires a login!!

Didn’t know if anything had been said about iOS v2.58

1 Like

I don’t really like the sliding up thing to see the spending,

I am still getting use to the new Interface but having all your accounts in the main area is not very useful,

let’s say you use your joint account on a daily basis rather than your personal one, and this is the one you see as the main account, this should be a feature being able to select your “main” account.

I would like to see a calendar view of when my schedule expenses are taken from my account, I’m not sure if this is already there, and maybe a summary of the scheduled expenses, I haven’t seen this either, just to calculate how much money I need monthly.

Maybe there should be a back button? on the profile after going in, I felt a bit stuck, and later I realised I had to tap on one of the account to go back to the main account view.

Thanks for the great work!

AF

3 Likes