We're working on a new look for the Monzo app

He is referring to a daily balance. On iOS and Android now it is only spent today.

Ahh get ya, my bad.

I think it would look a bit cluttered and even more so on older phones that have smaller screens. It could potentially end up on two lines.

Not sure of it’s relevance either but that’s just me :slight_smile:

Yeah it could look cluttered. And I know not everyone would care to see it, so maybe an option to show either daily balance or amount spent on that day?

Just an idea :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’d like to see the balance but on an ‘enhanced’ Summary tab. No need to clutter the main feed up with another set of numbers, but I would like to see the historical, current and future balance on a budget/forecast display which is accessible from the feed for each card/account.

Are we getting 2.58 (iOS) today? I’m on TestFlight but really want to move to a more stable release now.

1 Like

Just had to switch back to the old layout as my joint account has dissapeared!

iOS TF

Just flipped it back on and still nothing. If you hold a tab at the bottom it shows, but you can’t select it and you can’t swipe to it :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Monzo just had apparent issues - it may be worth a force close and restart to see if it returns.

Holy sh*t, monzo seems to be down completely. App saying the account doesn’t exist, can’t make card payments and support unavailable.

I also can’t transfer out of my account

I had major issues earlier but eventually got access back - see here; Monzo having connection issues?

Waiting a while until it stabilises is probably the best advice at this point.

Nice to see the in app status back on iOS

12 Likes

On Android it seems to mess up the amount the transaction draw can be slid down after launching the app.

Although I imagine we’ll be getting something that looks like the above in the future? :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Works fine on my Android phone (S8+) Guess your phone is a little shorter?

Pixel 2 XL. Only happens if I completely quit and close the app and after immediately reopening.

I’m annoyed I changed and I can’t get back. I liked seeing my pots but I can’t now. Very disappointed and may limit use now

Why can’t you see your pots?

I would love if the new version added Budget button back on bottom row and not have it all the way on the top. It’s challenging (and annoying) to reach all the way to the top (on iPhone Xs) to see something as important as the budget.

2 Likes

I really tried to like the new layout, but after a month or so I’ve had to switch back.

I think the biggest issue for me was the horizontal scrolling between pots, it felt like a real step back. Most new phones are tall, and most apps utilise this with a vertical scrolling facility. Horizontal scrolling is slower and you’re seeing much less information at screen at any time than a vertical list would show. I know there’s an option to view a list, but it was at the top of the screen out of the way and didn’t seem right? Not sure why both options were available anyway, seems like Monzo were too scared to go all in on the horizontal scrolling, which shows they may be thinking it’s not quite right themselves.
Second issue was the placement of the summary button. It’s an important feature for me, so I want it to be pride of place at the bottom in the ‘main’ tabs, this keeps it clear in your mind where it is whilst also making it physically easier to select.
I am sad to come back to the Pulse Graph however, I was happy to see that go.

13 Likes

I don’t mind the horizontal scrolling - but I think it would be better suited to just accounts and external cards like credit cards. Showing pots in a horizontal list especially when you have more than one or two just seems incredibly inefficient. I find myself just using the swipe down gesture because it so much quicker and useful to have that instant overview of pots.

I think I remember talk of a new way of navigating this sorta thing was in the works so I’m excited to see what shows up.

I do like the general look and feel of the app now. It’s a lot cleaner and in line with current app design :+1:.

7 Likes