We're working on a new look for the Monzo app

I love the direction this is going in, still can’t help feeling now would be an excellent time to look at building an app for the Apple Watch, current balance, recent transactions at a glace, that sort of thing. Maybe even a complication for current balance if anyone wanted that.

3 Likes

New Navigation

Tried the new Nav last night and to be completely honest - I only have 3 pots and it was so time consuming swiping to view my joint account. There has been so many improvements recently I feel this is a step backwards.

Improvements
The GIF above shows us how the pots could be used more intuitively (as there is so much non-used space underneath the card)

*What’s your thoughts? Would you prefer this design instead?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

P.S. Not a great video editor - Only the Monzo Current Account and Joint Account would be shown at the top of the screen.

1 Like

Love the new design however there is nowhere to see total money in all accounts and pots, which there was previously!

2 Likes

You need to go to your statement page and it shows there. Not ideal at all but it’s a way to see it until it’s added into the app again

1 Like

Agree with you on the time consuming factor :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m in exactly the same situation, here’s my pitch to fix this:

2 Likes

as a bit of a shortcut instead of swiping through pots, you can open the View All page (top right card button) and then tap your joint account

it then takes you back to the card carousel, centred on your joint account

2 Likes

Not sure if a new thing or not but anyone else getting slightly blurry company logos on there transaction feed?

Mine look alright? Android here. Screenshot?

Mine looks fine too. On iOS.

Just slight blurring on the icons
Screenshot not doing it justice to what it looks like in app, more blurry in app

Using latest version on iPhone XR

Seen some people asking for the spent each day total to come back, but I’d prefer to see what my balance was each previous day myself. Or both?

I think I’d prefer pots to be vertically listed to select one when I swipe from my current account rather than swiping through every single one.

If it fits without looking too “busy” I would be happy with both

There will be both:

Although not exactly your balance each day. I imagine that would come sometime in the future with some sort of insight tool.

2 Likes

Not noticing anything on mine. Hard close the app and see if that improves it?

Nope still blurry… weird

Sorry if this has been explained already, but is the new-new layout coming for JA holders on Monday still (iOS)? Or did it get delayed?

1 Like

I’ve noticed a slight bug on IOS Monzo version 2.54.1.

The names of the pots at the top and below the balance are different. See here. One screenshot shows the name has ‘pot’ set after whatever the pot is called set as default. I’ve called mine Rainy day Pot, so it’s showing as rainy day pot pot?

The other screenshot shows when I edit my pot name to ‘rainy day’, the bottom shows as rainy day but the top still shows as rainy day pot.

I just want it to show as rainy day pot and be consistent on the top and below.

Just a minor issue, but one I thought I should point out.

It puts ‘pot’ after all pot names so you know it’s a pot and not an account or card.

2 Likes

Been on the new layout since the original email sign-up

Out of interest, and because it slipping from my memory already, I disabled the Labs option briefly earlier today to take a look at the old layout

Oh my, the old layout seemed so cramped and I could not remember where to find things like my profile

Potentially this is another example of how quickly I adapt, forget and move on with apps (not sure if that is a negative or positive trait), but it does seem a big improvement

The way it allows other pots, features, accounts and cards to be brought in is surely the biggest advance

6 Likes