We're working on a new look for the Monzo app

100% agree. Summary is a brilliant way to tell if you can afford to buy something or not.

2 Likes

Got the new look and really like it.

Happy that you can still get to summary with a long press.

Main feedback…

I think the help and ‘view all’ links should be swapped. I’m going to want to look at my pots more often than the help page and so I think it makes sense for that to have a more prominent place.

How do I go back to the old version? :eyes:

1 Like

:android: User.

Loving the new look overall.

Pots though feel like a second class citizen, and I’ve had to really think and work out how to use them; notably:

• Where do I go to see their balance?
  • How do I transfer money into them?
3 Likes

You contact support but they have said they will only do it once (i.e. you can’t then go back to the new version)

If you don’t like the new version list the reasons here as that will help Monzo develop a better app

3 Likes

Dropping a teaser before the weekend :candy:

The screen with Pots hasn’t changed much in the new navigation, yet. We want to bring significant improvements, and we’ve had a play with some design concepts. In the example below you see an account with a Monzo card, and two connected cards. Different types of objects (current account, credit card, debit card, pot, etc) would always be rendered slightly differently. For example for a credit card you might see your credit limit, current debt, etc. While a debit card might show your available balance.

But conceptually they’d be generic objects that you can order the way you want to, and group the way it makes sense to you. You can see this on the screenshot on the right.

This design doesn’t have Pots but they’d be just another object in that screen, with their own image and balance. These are of course early designs that will probably be implemented very differently. FYI none of this has started development!

32 Likes

Love a good teaser!

Thanks. It’d be unfair of me, I think, to comment too much on the “how” of the pots integration would work - when there is no design or ux shown for that yet. The earlier questions were in response to the problems I had with the activity around Pots, I didn’t understand/know how to view/manage them intuitively and might be symptomatic of the ambiguity of the “View All” button thinking about it more.

Have a good weekend and I look forward to more iterations in the weeks to come!

The concept looks good .

With the new TestFlight :

Pots bugs still there- not updating the balance as it should

I am not getting any notifications. I have even uninstall and installed the app

How about having joint account card and current account card back to back on the main screen . When you choose specific card it can flicker around and that relevant account detail and transactions can pop up

1 Like

I just got the update through. Having used it for a few hours, it personally feels like a step backwards.

The page now feels like it’s missing something. I know this is a WIP, but it very much feels like there could be more to make it better. A couple of early comments:

• View all doesn’t take me to view all, it takes me to view the rest, so I think this needs changing. Perhaps to an icon of some description that shows you’re leaving to view the rest of your pots. Personally, the old way you did this was much better, I thought. You could even just swipe and display the pots like you do the main account?

• You cannot scroll down your payments on the home screen now without first shifting the overlay to the top, which now takes two swipes. One to get the overlay to the top, and another to then scroll the payments

Thanks for the feedback! :bowing_man:

As mentioned a few posts earlier, the View All section is the one that we haven’t given much attention yet. But we have some ideas on how to make it better.

We have an internal version with this fixed. Should make it to the Store some time in the next few weeks, not necessarily in the next release. I appreciate some of these user interactions can make or break the experience, and they’re tricky to get right. I’m confident we’ll get there :muscle:

8 Likes

I’m on the new look and it honestly feels like a ‘lite’ version of Monzo - I understand the desire to simplify but I think it’s sacrificing a lot of what makes Monzo Monzo the process, and making lots of once-simple tasks a couple of taps more difficult.

Hopefully some of the above concerns can be addressed before this is rolled out.

3 Likes

I think it’s clear this is no where near being rolled out yet. Just first version with lots more to add to it.

5 Likes

Presume you mean wider rollout to all two million customers?

In which case I think we’re all in agreement there

Personally I am fine with the new layout already, but it’s a very small self selective set of people involved, as intended

1 Like

Exactly. First rough draft to get some eyes on it and play around. I think view all might make sense when they’ve worked on those screens, but we’ll have to wait and see.

1 Like

When you switch account (and you only have two accounts)

Which I assume is most people with multiple Monzo accounts can it just automatically switch rather than having the pick joint

I’m loving the new “View all” screen concepts (or whatever they will eventually become).

I’ve about 15 pots, so being able to group them is something I thought about suggesting yesterday but thought it was over complicated or overstepping as you’ve enough to work with already! (I was thinking nested pots).

I’ve a pot for each of my annual spends (car insurance, TV licence, flat management fee…), two pots for presents (birthdays and Christmas), a pot for each trip I’ve planned or am saving towards (London, Croatia and India).

To be able to group the pots as above and see a group total would be ace.

I’ve never been a saver and seeing the money I’ve set aside has been such a positive motivator since opening my Monzo account. Seeing a “Holidays” total or “Annual Spends” total will provide even more encouragement.

8 Likes

Sneak peak :eyes: of being able to re-order pots? Yes!! :raised_hands::heart_eyes::raised_hands::heart_eyes::raised_hands::heart_eyes::raised_hands::heart_eyes:

8 Likes

I am no longer getting instant notification since updating to this test flight version. The balances on main account and the pot is no longer updating correctly. Anyone else facing similar problem. @bruno . For me this will be the main concern. I am not getting the true reflection of the money I have in my account. Either I have to uninstall and reinstall the app or use Emma app to check my balance which is a bit annoying.

1 Like

How do I get rid of this red dot :red_circle:

I’ve been in and read this message but it doesn’t go away:

1 Like

Might need to click the x to remove the message?