We're working on a new look for the Monzo app

Feedback

Positives

• UI looks much cleaner than before.

• Loving the collapsible feed - I didn’t like it when I saw the screenshots in the original post but using it completely changed my mind.

• I like how the balance and “Personal Account” become smaller when you expand the feed fully.

• Having “Add money” as an icon below the card is much better than a banner across the top.

• It was really easy to find most things - although I think some people might not realise they can click on the profile icon in the top left.

Suggested Improvements

• View all/Accounts section

• Although I like having pots in the “View all” section, I think “View all” should be renamed on the Home screen - currently it’s not clear what’s in there.

• I think the “View all” section needs to have a “Total balance” either at the very top of the “Accounts” screen or just above/inline with the posts section, which includes pots & main account balance, at the top. I found the total balance including pots in the old Accounts tab really useful.

• Like many others, I’d prefer the Borrowing section to be below the Pots section - people will still see it every time they create a new pot.

• It would be good if “Spent Today” was brought back - it could go next to the personal account balance. Perhaps Spent Today could be split into separate “Card Spent” and “Committed Spend” figures.

7 Likes