We're working on a new look for the Monzo app

I find it difficult because I agree with a lot of what you are saying, however im 90% sure from the comments from Bruno e.t.c. all these improvements you’re talking about are indeed coming they’re just not here right now. I very much see this as a path forward rather than something that’s finished. For example there’s a design further up this thread that bruno shared for re-ordering and grouping accounts and pots. This tells me its planned they just havn’t had time to do it yet.

It’s part of the problem of MVP I guess, in that people arn’t happy with what they see and don’t realise it’s going to improve. The speed Monzo release changes and improvements is so rapid compared to other companies and apps, with such a core development like this new nav you can bet the improvements are going to keep coming.

Add in pot ordering and let you choose which things you want to swipe through and the vast majority of your issues disappear completely. In my head this vision is what I’m commenting on here rather than what we currently see so that’s where disagreements come in!

I agree with @StuartL that a great improvement would be tapping the home button to quickly get back to your original first card and hope it is added in.

1 Like

I am enjoying the new look but am missing ‘How much you’ve spent today’ and the graph (who doesn’t love a graph?), and you say you have removed the summary section but if you tap on the ‘got left to spend’ this month it brings it up, personally I find it helpful and wouldn’t want to see it removed entirely without something to replace it.

Although the graph served no purpose, the navy blue header was a great visual cue to separate the personal account from the joint account.
I’m no UI designer but I’ve tried to show what I mean.

Also I don’t like the carousel for pots + accounts either, I think that it would work to swipe between accounts only, but not for pots.

12 Likes

tl;dr How do i get rid of the damn Pulse Graph again?!

OK. I’m confused.

What is the current ‘look’ that everyone has? Or is there still a split of ‘old’ versus ‘Lab enabled new’?

I was on the pre-Lab enabled new which has since been reverted to the ‘old’ and I have no Labs option available to me.

Or is the ‘old’ with a few updates now the new new? or is the new new actually new to everyone and I’m just not seeing it or… what the heck?!

2 Likes

Sorry if this has already been requested, I’m late to the party, but would there be a way to easily flick up and down to switch between current and joint accounts on the home screen card view? The current way seems a bit convoluted.

This.

I think next week’s update brings the labs selection to everyone (possible excepting Business Accounts, not sure).

1 Like

Ahhh so :soon: then… :wink:

Android I believe have a labs option. Ios must wait until the next update. From what I can gather

I’m on version 2.55.01 Android, and I don’t see the % of £0.00 Budget Spent with 23 to go on mine??? :(((

One think I’ve noticed against about the new Layout is that obviously Summary is missing, and now that Tesco Pay+ has done an automatic card check on me for £2.00, and it’s categorised the Payment as Groceries, I can’t actually see this under Summary :frowning: so not why the App asks me whether I want to categorise the payment, I also can’t see anything to do with Budgeting.

Yes obviously if I go back to the Stable App, it would show me, but I like to see what’s happening going forward :slight_smile:

They’ve removed it until they fix it. It was displaying wrong

Hey, I still haven’t got this new design yet I’m on the latest app version, is it still on a gradual rollout?

Is this an Android thing? I can see Summary just fine on iOS.

No, it’s in labs for those without Joint Accounts.

Yes, It’s an Android thing!

Mines gone too.

Can still drag the tray down and click on the balance to open summary though.

3 Likes

Someone please tell me re-ordering of pots is still coming… My pots are a mess and its only made worse with the new Navigation

3 Likes

i dont think that when u open the app the list of transactions should just pop up i think u should just be able to see the card and then slide up if you wanna see the transactions

The names of my pots have disappeared, it just says “Pot” above each one. I switched back to the old navigation and the names are there.

That’ll be fixed soon :+1: I believe it’ll be ‘’[Pot Name] + Pot’’

5 Likes

When the new nav launches will users be presented with a demo / walk through of how it works when they see it for the first time?

1 Like