We're halfway through The Big List! An update

Give us the ability to add a picture to the contact card too and that’ll be perfect! :raised_hands:t2:

4 Likes

1000 yeses!

3 Likes

Trouble is there is very little revenue in kids accounts because you cant offer credit

But it’s more likely they won’t top up and spend every week so Monzo can collect the interest

1 Like

Each kid would need to have £2000 sitting there earning no interest for Monzo to earn £10 a year from the BoE :scream: As a kid I think the most I ever had in my post office saver was £50 which would earn Monzo about 25p a year at my peak!

It’s either a loss leader to cross sell your other overpriced products or a subscription model. Unless Monzo is going to create a new model and start flogging peppa pig merchandise in app then I highly doubt kids accounts are coming soon.

1 Like

Linked to Payee Management. Can anyone tell me why the Pay contacts on Monzo profile images sometimes change to another image of that person and the reorder of those people happen at random times with no apparent logic to the order. Cheers.

The first thing that comes to mind, already mentioned in this thread, is to emulate GoHenry, which as far as I know is subscription-based. A GoHenry-like account seems aligned to Monzo’s mission statement of making money work for everyone.

I sure hope not. From their terms:

You must be resident for tax purposes only in the UK (excludes Channel Islands and the Isle of Man)

This is a problem because some countries (the US and Eritrea) consider all their citizens ‘tax residents’ even if they have no meaningful ties to the country.

All to avoid doing CRS paperwork to HMRC…

1 Like

Payee Management has been ticked as done on the big list. I really hope Payee Management gets some much needed love after the big list is done. It’s currently super confusing and a bit of a mess

11 Likes

Whaaaaaat? lol.

How has anything changed here??

3 Likes

Ohhhhh - I think it’s the fact they’ve now ticked off “saved references”.

If that completes all the work they are doing on it, I’ll be more disappointed than the time I dropped a 99 ice cream in the park (it was closer to £4.00 than 99p!)

4 Likes

haha did you pick it up and flick off the dirt? Yeh there were two tick boxes. I have heard Payee Management will get updated but probably not for a while yet - which is a shame.

1 Like

Sadly when a 99 goes down, it’s down for good. Not even the flake survived…

I’m so surprised that when Monzo are championing for people to use them as their main bank account, so much effort and focus is on the “extra” bits and pieces like summary, and other nifty little features - Yet the core basics of banking is literally left behind.

5 Likes

Also needs updated to reflect upcoming direct debits now live. @tristan

5 Likes

I guess it brings payee management up to legacy bank standards which is what this list is all about but there’s a whole bunch of improvements I’d like to see too.

3 Likes

Down and out icecream - Dammit!

Totally agree with you. PM is awful right now. I can’t work out which account is which without then looking up the account number and checking with my other bank(s), there’s no avatar support, there’s no contact grouping of accounts. Simple stuff for a good UX I would have thought.

6 Likes

I think it’s a shame they couldn’t have made a revamp rather then save the reference. I get all the other fancy features like kids accounts but shame the basics for payees couldn’t be done as well.

6 Likes

Any idea if the idea of having direct debits come out of pots is on the list?

Tom said he hopes it’s something they will bring in:

1 Like

That last item you crossed off your list regarding Payee Management is less than impressive Monzo :thinking:. Implementing the ability to remember payment references does not a payee management process make :frowning:️.

I support Monzo not because of the great features you deliver each week :roll_eyes:, but because of how customer centric you guys are. Don’t mug off your supporters by trying to pass off an old boot :mans_shoe:for a Manolo Blahnik :high_heel:.

Now that this has been crossed off the big list :clap::clap: are we to assume it won’t be revisited again for a while? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

8 Likes