We’re working on joint accounts!

I’d assume not as many of the recent cards don’t have investor on?

1 Like

You can only use the CASS to switch from a joint account to a joint account right? Just opened a new monzo joint account and started CASS from my starling joint. But it didn’t specifically state it was switching to the new joint account.

The fact that there’s now a dedicated squad for joint accounts is ace!

:eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

Looking forward to getting virtual cards and custom categories, then! Lord knows I’ve bitched about it on here enough.

8 Likes

YESSSSS, absolutely fantastic! And you’ve launched it within 2 weeks of my partner and I moving in together!! We’ll just have to move the mortgage direct debit from our recently-opened Starling joint account… But hopefully that’s not too much effort!!

Really looking forward to more updates about JA

EDIT: Now Ive got a JA with Monzo, thought I might unlock a white icon with orange M :eyes::eyes::eyes: can’t see anything though

7 Likes

I’ve applied and it’s saying on both sides waiting for other person to answer questions

1 Like

Hope so!! From the way that the joint pots are displayed, it looks like it might be possible… I’ll have to wait til the 26th to test it though!

It’s not possible sadly

I am guessing this is not known yet, but just in case I missed it, does anyone know if there will be the ability to have a joint bills pot, just like I have for my personal account? Or is this a Plus feature only?

1 Like

MrsW and me have had a Joint account Bills Pot since Bill Pot’s launched, so the answer is

yess-yes

Edit: And for all the forum members that haven’t seen it, here is the (now slightly outdated) image we use for the JA Bills pot:

(Apologies to the members who have seen this in the past) :pray:

10 Likes

Good bye starling joint account. :+1::+1::+1:

9 Likes

OMG! After more than three years of nothing, I can’t believe it! Is this real? :open_mouth: It isn’t 1st of April… I’ve checked my calendar twice!

11 Likes

Thank you for FINALLY giving some attention to Joint Accounts. I look forward to near-parity with regular accounts. Just out of interest, is there any feature that is outside of the scope? Is there anything that will not / can’t be brought to the JA???

5 Likes

I was wondering the same @tobyadams.

It will be interesting to see if J/A overdrafts are in the mix. We kept a Smile J/A until our mortgage was paid off “just in case” because we didn’t want to risk a failed DD on that if, as once happened, we were both paid late.

I do note that loans and Flex were mentioned which suggests they may be looking at joint lending.

While I’m not suggesting that anyone should live on their overdraft, it is (to me) a fairly basic feature of a current account.

2 Likes

Glad to see everyone has so many suggestions regarding joint accounts.

We’re currently collecting all the feedback/requests and we’ll come back with more info very soon :soon:

24 Likes

wouldn’t that be cool… :eyes:

17 Likes

Excited as someone who’s been holding out for JA parity so my wife and I can finally move away from Nationwide. Good to see some updates at last and can’t wait to see what else comes in the months ahead.

4 Likes

CUSTOM CATEGORIES PLEASE :sob: :sob: :sob:

I mean, ahem, yes. Just that.

6 Likes

Ability to have an Overdraft facility on the Joint Account would be a great addition. This would be the last piece of the jigsaw in replicating what my/our joint account with our previous mainstream bank provided, as far as I/we are concerned.

4 Likes

The sheets export needs improvements if the joint account is going to get one/added to it.

Virtual cards from pots is absolutely something I’d want from the JA but it doesn’t appear on the export at all.

2 Likes

I just got our JA open, but I can’t see the option to create a joint Bills pot. I can create a pot and call it “Bills” but there’s no way to create and attach a virtual card to it.

Do both of us have to have Plus for this to be available?

1 Like