We’re working on joint accounts!

Virtual cards don’t exist for joint accounts (yet) but you can pay direct debits from a pot

3 Likes

Create a pot and call it ‘Bills’ (or whatever you want!)
Tap on ‘Payments’ (Bottom nav bar)
Tap on the ‘Scheduled’ tab
Tap on a payment in the scheduled list that you want to be paid from your bills pot, then tap on ‘Paid from’ to select the pot you want to pay it from
Repeat the last step for each transaction you want to be paid from the bills pot.

A little icon/badge showing the chosen bills pot image will be shown on the transaction icon at the top-right, once it has been allocated to a pot to be paid from.

Please note only Scheduled payments, Standing orders & Direct Debits can be paid from a pot. Subscriptions (CPA’s - such as Netflix, Spotify, Amazon Prime, Microsoft, Google, etc.) can’t be paid from a bills pot as Monzo gets no warning when the payment will occur and so can’t process it in time to move the payment amount from the bills pot to the main account to make the payment.

You can’t have Virtual Cards on a Joint account yet. Hopefully :soon:

5 Likes

Ah man I got so excited about this. Switched a few years ago and haven’t been able to reopen a joint account since.

Got all the way through the flow for card delivery. Peak excitement that it was working at this point. But unfortunately still met with the dreaded ‘We can’t offer you a joint account right now’ screen of disappointment.

Either way it’s good to see JA’s getting the attention they deserve. Fingers crossed one day we can open one.

Plus/premium would be a great addition. For us FlexPlus at Nationwide is the bar to meet.

4 Likes

I don’t think Monzo will meet that bar in the forseeable future.

I am planning to move our joint spending into Monzo due to Monzo’s features helping us to manage it better, but we will still keep our FlexPlus open and running - the insurances are just too good for the price.

5 Likes

The icon at the top of this page isn’t the white card I was expecting.

4 Likes

Thanks David, that’s exactly what I was looking for: virtual cards. For the time being we can live with having just DDs on Monzo, but as you say hopefully we will get VCs on the joint bills pot soon!

1 Like

Pretty much what my plan is too. Agree they won’t be able to beat Nationwide on value for a while… but that’s ok since they have other things going for them. Of course, if they ever can offer a paid product that comes close I’d jump on it.

2 Likes

Plus for JA please!

• ability to add other institutions (see all my finances in one place)
  • custom categories
  • virtual cards

Thank you!!

4 Likes

To help laser focus on those :point_up: features, vote here :point_down:

No guarantee it’ll happen, but more votes keep the request active - it’s the most voted-for feature ever and it seems the focus from Monzo on the feature is now increasing :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Hurrayyy !!! finally we can open a joint-account! was about to do it in a different bank so good timing!

8 Likes

Hi @ErwanT & welcome :wave:

Good luck with the Joint account application :crossed_fingers: - hopefully it’ll be a simple process for you (both!)

2 Likes

Any chance you increase joint accounts to three people? We are in a throuple and this would be really handy.

6 Likes

:eyes:

3 Likes

I did not see an answer to this above

Yes, it does

My only connection financially to my partner is our OG Monzo joint account and she is showing in my (Intuit) Credit Karma as a financial connection:

5 Likes

Thanks.

Had our Starling account maybe 15 months, doesn’t show on any report.

2 Likes

If you are referring to the plus and premium cards, it’s now on the back :grin:

I have been on this forum long enough to know that both positions will rouse strong, and strongly held, opinions!

1 Like

I mean I feel it really should to be honest. Who have you checked with given their are 3 major companies?

To be a joint account should be a big deal as it is a big deal and should be reported appropriately.

3 Likes

I’ve also had a starling joint account for over 6 months. The current account you need to setup and to create a joint account in the first place has shown on my credit file as open and then closed. But the joint account doesn’t show. That’s on all 3 major credit agencies.

3 Likes

Feels wrong… is it legal? You’d think that it would be non-optional to report this stuff.

1 Like