Waiting list question

Hi.

I’m trying to get a Monzo card as soon as possible as Revolut is lowering there ATM limits. How long is the waiting list going to take? I’m around 14000 now
I read somewhere two weeks, but it seems to go much slower.

It should take around 1-2 weeks. But If you could get some of your friends to join the waiting list with you you’ll get bumped up.

2 Likes

Ofcourse, but everybody I know that is interested is already in the list.

I think I’ve been waiting well over a week now and still 14000 places to go. Also, the last few days the counter hasn’t gone down. Does this mean no cards are being produced?

search twitter for “@monzo golden ticket” and you will be able to visit tom’s chocolate factory straight away

Hi @Jeroen,
I registered on Monzo on 6th Jan and got card 11 days later - maybe you can use this to benchmark your progress. I didn’t (successfully) refer anyone, so I went through the queue in normal way.
While progress might not be exactly the same each day - in terms of distributed cards - some averages can be assumed.

1 Like

Thanks for the information. I actually registered on the 3rd of January. The number of people behind me in the queue is going up pretty fast. It seems Monzo is getting even more popular.
I don’t understand though how you can have the card earlier while you registered later.
I’m using the Android app by the way. Maybe the iPhone is a different queue

@Jeroen I used Android app too. Maybe @Naji can help you out? It does seem weird. :frowning:

Here’s proof I’m not just winding you up :smile_cat::

@Jeroen Hey Jeroen!

I think i know why this might be… keep an eye on your inbox! :slightly_smiling_face:

Like you mentioned Naji I am indeed not based in the UK, but in the Netherlands. Before I signed up I did some research and I thought it was possible to join from the Netherlands as Monzo is available in more countries. Or am I mistaken?

I’ve been using the Revolut card a lot, but I would like to switch to Monzo because of the new ATM limits Revolut inteosuced.

I’m afraid it sounds like you’ve run into this issue :see_no_evil:

@Jeroen
Yep unfortunately, you need a UK address to sign up currently.

We definitely need to make this clearer at the beginning of our on boarding process to avoid disappointment, for Android as a matter of priority.

Really sorry for the confusion, I appreciate it’s not a good first impression for you, and we’ll be working hard to improve this experience for others who sign up overseas. :slightly_smiling_face:

No problem.

Is there any timeframe known of when people from outside the UK can join?

I’m personally frustrated with the dutch banks which all charge fees. Even with a more expensive account it is impossible to get a card without fees. German banks who offer these cards like DKB simply refuse Dutch people. So much for a financial European Union.

Monzo are testing EUR accounts at the moment -

but they’ve not announced when they’ll be ready yet. I’m pretty confident that it won’t be before the launch of the bank in the UK, as that’s taking up so much of the team’s time.

We really appreciate your patience @Jeroen !

This year, the big focus is on launching our current accounts in the UK. After this we’ll probably explore launching in Europe and beyond :slightly_smiling_face: No set timeframe but it may be a little while yet…

Of course we’ll share any updates on this here on the forum :+1:

1 Like