Waiting for my Monzo Card

Here are other posts confirming it is UK only

I asked the KYC question too & was told by the team that as long as the user has the required ID (+ as Marta’s shared, they have a UK address to send the card to) then they can apply for a card.

1 Like

My post there explained what users should see if they download the app & open outside the UK but not what Monzo’s criteria for a Monzo account actually is.

but if it is not an address they are living at but say a hotel how can they enter a contract at that address and potentially be served legal documents there by Monzo.

I’m not trying to debate logical reasons you just put.

All I’m saying, that neither you or I are Monzo employees, so we can’t solve this problem for user. We don’t know anything about user, who maybe lived in UK for some time before and only recently moved out? User can live in X country, but have nationality of Y country?

To avoid user interrogation on forum and trying to guess solution (and potentially be wrong!), the only outcome is to suggest contacting Monzo directly. If this was about ‘what are my limits’ or ‘how long do I need to wait’, we (users) do have means&knowledge to help directly, but certainly not in this case.

This isn’t a debate, this has been confirmed by the Monzo team -

1 Like

By obtaining a card you are entering into a contract and agreeing to the terms and conditions as published on their website. If a bank needs to contact an account holder due to non-compliance with their terms or is obligated by the regulators to put something in writing then they need an address. They can’t send documents out to an address where they will just get returned.

They may get away with poor systems and approving people they can’t verify in the UK with their prepaid card but will need to tighten up when full bank accounts launched. Otherwise money laundering could easily be done by people setting up accounts with motel and b&b addresses

@anon44204028 You’re going a bit too far, we’re not arguing about who should/shouldn’t be able to get Monzo account. Alex or myself are not saying ‘anyone can get a card’, so throwing those arguments serves no purpose because we don’t have a different opinion than you. Compliance is important, we want Monzo to succeed. :smiley:

We are just messengers who passed knowledge from Monzo and further directed user to speak with Monzo support. What happens after that is private discussion and certainly Monzo won’t make a decision that could potentially hurt compliance.

That concludes discussion from my side, thanks! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

In my experience (two international housemates) all you need are a UK phone number, a UK address, and any acceptable form of ID for verification to get a Monzo Prepay card.

1 Like

I’ve just checked & Monzo will accept international phone numbers, as long as you enter the international prefix.

2 Likes

Hi. Sorry this is not the right place to ask this but I seem to have an account but don’t know how to get a card. The app seems to have got stuck in an endless loop asking for my email address. Any assistance appreciated.

Hi I don’t see how I’m meant to receive a monzo card. Haven’t been asked for an address line and I can’t find where it says to order card either.

How do I get a monzo card. Where do I give out my address to receive a card and how do I get one

Hmm, I can suggest uninstall and install again, see if it helps? Some awkward loops seem to happen, so that’s usually recommended first step! :smiley:

have you been informed in the app that you have reached the top of the queue and to top up with your initial ÂŁ100 ?

to get a Monzo card - have you been informed in the app that you have reached the top of the queue and to top up with your initial ÂŁ100 ?

If you could maybe describe what screen you are seeing in the app right now, or what previous steps you already did, we can help out! This is community forum, so please make sure to not post any sensitive data like email, address of phone number publicly - just description of the steps will do. :slight_smile:

1 Like

No.

Steve Trevett
Tel. [Removed by staff]
Mob. [Removed by staff]

Hi Stephen , you might want to edit your post and remove your phone numbers

try deleting and re installing the app on your phone as @Avishai suggests you should then get a screen which tells you where you are in the queue - see if that works for you and then we can continue further :slight_smile:

or - we could try this - delete the app and then follow this link and see if that works for you - it should get you to the top of the queue and you will then be able to top up your card with ÂŁ100 deposit for your use and get your card in a couple of days - link here Give/request Golden Tickets here

Good point Ian. How do I edit as you suggest?

Steve Trevett
Tel. [Removed by staff]
Mob. [Removed by staff]