Viola Black Discussion

David John Harris is a director of:

CHANGE YOUR WORLD GROUP LTD (10933541)
(The originator of this tweet)

V-WALLET (EUROPE) LIMITED (09703795)
VIOLACARD LIMITED (10549933)
VIOLAPAY LIMITED (10549974)
VIOLA BUSINESS LIMITED (10225513)
VIOLA DESIGN AND MANUFACTURE LIMITED (08133947)

I feel it’s prudent to exercise transparency when recommending your own products.

I have no issue with vendors promoting their own products. I’m not sure I’m comfortable with them phrasing the tweet as if they are Joe Public.

“makes me want Viola Black! I’ve signed up and joined the queue…” :thinking:

Edit: I missed one. (And in fact there are a few other ‘non Viola’ appointments, although in the interest of relevance I only listed those related to Viola).

21 Likes

:see_no_evil: These are the kind of people that don’t realise how easy it is to find out more information about someone with a quick google.

thought process: ‘Oh i’ll just pop a positive comment on as if i’m a punter, will make it seem a lot more genuine. Nothing can go wrong!’

2 Likes

:joy: fools

Pretty sure that’s against FCA rules as well

6 Likes

Still don’t get why anyone would actually want this? The only advantage that article (which barely says anything interesting) is that the card is apparently not linked to your bank account. Yay?

Surely they have to link it with the source of payment anyway? Where are they gonna take the fees from?

:woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging:

1 Like

My thoughts exactly. Would love to hear from some genuine customers

If they already have other prepaid products such as ViolaCard why create yet another brand it’s confusing.

How do you know that is him?

Feels like an attempt at Virgin but on a budget.

This tweet all but confirms it.

Beat me to it @FlyingDutchman.

The photo matches with the avatar and WEISNER, Tracey Amanda is the only other Director listed for CHANGE YOUR WORLD GROUP LTD (10933541).

Don’t get me wrong, I wish them nothing but the greatest of success. I just value transparency. Part of what makes me an advocate of the Monzo model.

12 Likes

Silly silly people, they will come unstuck especially with this thread being at the top on Google

1 Like

Falsely representing oneself as a consumer is an offence under the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008.

8 Likes

I wasn’t aware of that; my initial concern was one of morality, not legality.

Pretty sure there’s more fraud on prepaid, but as your wage isn’t on there, it’s less of an impact.

Solution: pots.

2 Likes

Monzo > Viola

Monzo Pots > Viola Prepay

2 Likes

Shouldn’t the fees be listed on the Google Store page?

Not sure? I know curve can potentially charge for curve black, same with n26 metal & revolution metal, do they list those charges on their app listing?

Yeah but the initial listing is free for those services, no? Do Viola do a free offering like the others?

Very true and curve at the least do make the fee abundantly clear