Using Monzo in Ladbrokes Shop

Tried using the card but kept coming up with invalid card. Had to use a different card. Anyone else had problems with Ladbrokes Shop

Do you have the Gambling Block switched on?

Or under 18?

Hello; nope I don’t have gambling block on and I’m over 18. They said they don’t accept Monzo and said it was a credit card which obviously isn’t

They said that they don’t accept it rather than actually trying to put the card through?

FYI Monzo is a Mastercard Debit card. Different to a Mastercard Credit Card.

1 Like

I put my card in the machine and just kept saying Card Invalid.

Have you recently used your card successfully elsewhere for Chip-and-PIN? Just wondering if perhaps the chip in your card is damaged.

Edit: Although them saying that about Monzo is crazy.

I haven’t. It’s the new Monzo Blue card. Will have to try another place for chip and pin.

It won’t help right now but email acceptance@monzo.com who can get in touch with them and hopefully resolve future transactions

Do the new Monzo Plus cards have a different BIN (first 6 digits) to the regular Monzo cards? Can’t remember if I read that or if it was just the virtual cards, or what? If so, could be just a case of them not updating their list of BIN ranges?

Have you used the card in an ATM to activate it? Stupid question but since you mentioned it’s a new card, I thought I’d ask.

I don’t think you need to activate a Monzo card. It’s available for use as soon as it’s enabled in the app, no?

2 Likes

I think they might have, don’t they have to have different BINs for them to show up differently in Apple Pay, etc?

Have you activated it in app?

Sounds like a stupid question, I know, but I’m struggling to think of anything else constructive.

Hello, yep I’ve activated it on the app and have done various online purchases.

Same BIN

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.