Using Current account for VM mobile sign up

(Neil Delahay) #1

Hi Guys

Applied for a mobile with Virgin. I am already a broadband customer with my DD going to my Natwest acct for the last 4 years. Wanted to start using my monzo CA for this. The application accepted the details and recognised Monzo.

However my application was parked for further info required. A side note was that apparently i had passed the credit check but was graded C3 in the eyes of VM and the new iphone X was a C4. not sure how they do this??

However when i asked for an appeal to the decision, the following day they noticed that my DD was to a different bank and mentioned that this may work againgst my credit with them. To me does that not sound descriminatory to me having a new current account? Is this something we should all be worried about when we start using a) a new Bank, and b) when they ask how long we have held the account for??

ta

Neil

(John) #2

I’m pretty sure that’s nothing to do with Monzo being anew bank, it’s as you mentioned because your paying with 2 different accounts, it’s probably been flagged as potential money laundering or using 2 different accounts flags you as high risk since you’re going for a £1000 phone!

(Andre Borie) #3

The real question is why do you even do business with such a company? Just sign up for the iPhone Upgrade Program and get yourself a no-contract no-bullshit SIM only plan from the other carriers that happily accept Monzo!

(Neil Delahay) #4

Believe it or not it works out cheaper even though the VM handset cost £1320 compared to Apple but my current provider offers a 10gb SIMO For 19/month and virgin bundle their 8gb sim for £6/ month so thought I’d give them a go!?! Obviously much mistaken

(system) #5

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.