Upgrade to Current Account

Very good! :smiley: Would it go against any aesthetic rules to add a celebratory emoticon somewhere within the ‘Current Account Ready’ banner?

1 Like

Hi when the accounts rollover & the pre-paid cards stop being used will the new current account card work the same as the pre-paid card when used abroad in respect of bank charges on transaction, also the team are doing a great job.

@copierman See the discussion here:

3 Likes

BACS have been getting very hot on companies that have been using that excuse recently!

2 Likes

Been thinking about maybe testing Monzo as my main account (with a back-up) - but can’t be arsed phoning payroll again to get it sorted if the online portal fails to accept the sort code.

I’ve recently been using Starling and had to get them to manually check and add it. Hopefully they updated their whole database meaning that might have fixed it for Monzo too.

It’s pretty stable :slight_smile:

1 Like

Might be a dumb question. If I wanted a current account and a prepaid card, possible or not? (I like to segment my cash into different accounts for different things, helps with expenses too)

Not, the plan is for the prepaid to be replaced completely by the CA

2 Likes

Hi,

I love the graph on top of the screen showing the peaks and troughs of my spending - would it be possible to exclude certain types of spending from it e.g. rent & household bills? They are a recurring cost which will result in peaks at certain days every month, and I’d really like to see my actual “spending biorhythm” without the monthly fixed costs.

3 Likes

This will be achievable with “Pots” functionality. Have a look at that Sneak Preview and if you would like to add something to ideas, feel free to comment there. :smiley:

Hmm thanks, that’s a good work around for me with the pots.

I was going to suggest monzo for my young sister who doesn’t do great with money. Having a prepaid card for her with the app on both her phone and the parents would have been perfect. I guess it works just the same transferring cash into an account tho.

1 Like

Yeah. And at least with Monzo the app is at least easy to use, clear and works well. There isn’t a “precedent” to getting your balance

Yah, need those conversions. :heavy_dollar_sign::moneybag::heavy_dollar_sign:

1 Like

I like it a lot. The graph is great. I particularly like the Lovecraft reference.

Keary

Unpopular opinion: I really don’t miss the graph. The feed looks so much cleaner without it. It is useful but when it took up more space it was definitely worse.

5 Likes

Loving the idea of this account

If you have an account with PayPal, they allow you to topup your PayPal account with monzo and bank transfer it to the new monzo account…

I don’t miss it all that much either! It’s certainly reduced the top bar which is a good thing

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Statement

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.