Upgrade (Migration) Updates

Without sounding deflated, I’ve kinda gave up on the Monzo CA at the moment. I’m sure once it’s live it’ll be amazing and I totally get taking it slowly to make sure that it’s ready to scale up and still work.

I’ve just got a wee bit fed up, I’m using Starling as my main bank account (wages, direct debits etc) and it’s fine. It has the features that are being promised by monzo but they already have it albeit with a little less finesse than what I’ve seen in the monzo sneak peaks (don’t get me started on the starling spending section or the useless pulse).

So I have decided to stop constantly checking the community, twitter feed and App Store for updates (mainly for the sake of my battery life) and wait till the new year, when it’ll be launched and fully up and running.

The future is bright, the future is hot coral and I look forward to being part of it.

10 Likes

You need the updated blue Monzo app on your iPhone to be able to see the Current Account. This hasn’t been released yet, but if you’re on TestFlight for the main (blue) app, you can use the latest TestFlight version and should then be able to see your CA on the iPhone. If not, as soon as the updated app is released to the App Store, download it and all should be good.

@tristan - please could you white list me? I have the test flight blue app and also the CA Preview White app.

iOS

I think there is still a lot of us on the CA preview and PP testflights waiting to be whitelisted,

5 Likes

There’s lot of us waiting! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Richard said it was waiting for app store approval.

So have more bugs been found since then and it’s now delayed further?

5 Likes

It could be that @tristan is bundling requested changes from the App Store review as bugs?

Otherwise this isn’t very fair for us to be informed that its in App Store approval, yet now we hear that it was never submit and theres more bugs?

I’d have also thought it would have been a better idea to do the iPhone X update and CA updates separately. :thinking:

1 Like

I just have the standard Monzo app on Android, and I have the prepaid card. That’s it. I don’t have to do anything further for the roll-out of the current accounts do I? I was just assuming that I will get an invite at some point when I open the app - am I correct in thinking that?

I don’t have white apps, or flying apps, or testing apps, or any of that. Can I just sit on my arse and just assume it’s all getting taken care of?

Yup, that’s right.

One time, you’ll open up the app and have a banner at the bottom of the screen which you’ll tap and it’ll go through the motions with you. Until then, sit tight. :+1:

1 Like

Excellent, thanks for the reassurance. While I am really looking forward to getting a current account, I’m more than happy to wait a bit while testing is ongoing so that it all goes smoothly. Seems sensible to me.

I next question would be about migrating everything from the current account I have no with Clydesdale Bank to the Monzo Current account, but that can wait until I get the invite.

1 Like

I was one of the people who had the current account preview (which has now ended and I’ve moved over to the “proper” current account) - I think you’ll like it.

In terms of moving everything over, I’m in a strange sort of halfway-house limbo situation where some things go into/come out of Monzo and some go into/come out of my other bank. At this stage, the only way to move things over is to do it yourself - update your direct debits with companies, change your pay details with your employer, etc. That’s why I have things the way I have them; some things are easier than others. It’s a work in progress though.

In the future, I believe Monzo have said they’re intending to have support for the current account switching service (CASS) but that it’ll be something that comes along later.

You can find a little bit more around the forum about this:
https://community.monzo.com/t/seven-day-switching-cass/16007

And also…

So once you get your current account, you can sit back and wait for when CASS is available to have it all done for you, or you can start moving all your stuff over manually like some of us have done / are doing. It depends on what you feel most comfortable with (and how much you like / hate your existing bank’s services).

1 Like

My Android prepaid app still doesnt have an upgrade banner, even though I already have the CA app as well. Is there an issue? Others seem to have upgraded already.

2 Likes

I think it’s a rolling ongoing thing rather than an instant flip for everyone - so the fact I’ve migrated already means I’m lucky rather than being any indication of something being wrong for you, if you see what I mean.

Others could say for sure, but I’m pretty confident I’ve seen comments elsewhere suggesting that you’re not the only one still waiting.

Ah, OK thanks, I get you :slight_smile:

This just came through guys

file

1 Like

I also just had an update notification on Testflight for the Blue App, but I’m already running it?

Notification was delayed from last week…

My sister had the same situation - she was on Android, and merged accounts last week, but got a new iPhone at the weekend so asked me why her balanced was £0 on the Monzo app. She talked to COps and they offered to add her on TestFlight (though she had no idea what this was) but she’s said she’s ok to wait a few days until the app is released.

1 Like

Did think it was weird…

2 Likes

Really? We need to be told what to do? :thinking:

2 Likes