Upgrade (Migration) Updates

Longtime lurker on the community side of Monzo I’d love to get a CA hopefully soon I’ll see an invite :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

Can I ask… To be upgraded to CA from PP on iOS do we need a new app update that’s pending with Apple or can it happen in the current PP app? I did get invited to the current account preview but decided to wait, but don’t know if that willl have a bearing on whether I will be whitelisted or not…

Don’t worry I am also a lurker, it’s not a bad thing! Good luck with getting your CA… :grinning:

1 Like

Looked in on my prepaid app just now and offer was there to upgrade.

Followed prompts and balance from my CA Preview account merged in very smoothly.

:grinning::clap::clap:

1 Like

Interesting…

Although my prepaid is now gone, the card is still associated with my account and I get a notification for the declined payment (because obviously the card is blocked).

Screenshot_20171105-010605

That will be fixed in time. Your prepaid account technically still exists in a blocked state to allow for the behind the scenes settlement of pending and delayed transactions (TfL usage is a big one). :credit_card::x:

9 Likes

All these things going on which you’d never think about… :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I am migrated!

They need to merge over the support conversations though as it doesn’t show any conversations for duration of preview.

Also, Monzo.me should refuse a payment to be made to a migrated account. Just did a test £1 to see if it blocks it and it actually went through (to my surprise). Just incase one of my contacts accidentally did this, it should throw them an error message until it has been linked up to the CA accounts! Surprised this wasn’t thought of already???

5 Likes

@johnny1572 you need to either be on the PP testflight or wait for the pending update in the store which is expected over the next day or two.

Ha ha. I had done the same yesterday and sent a £1 Monzo.me payment to the account :wink:

Thanks Dave, I will keep checking my apps then for the update.

Hi @simonb just spotted your comment which is very helpful in sorting out the confusion of which App to retain post upgrade from Preview. The Alpha Preview App is version 2.0 so the assumption is that this is the App to use vs the old Prepaid App which is only at version 1.14.1.

Having upgraded there does seem to be more functionality in 1.14.1 vs 2.0 and it contains a full transaction list rather than just those done in Preview.

It would be helpful therefore please to publicise that 1.14.1 is the App to use going forward given the version number issue.

Following upgrade there seem to still be a few issues for Monzo to fix please.

First is that the Known issues still refers to free ATM use.

Second is that my Member Since date wrongly shows the date I joined the Preview rather than the original date I joined Monzo which I hope can be corrected please.

Finally the chat history from Preview hasn’t been merged which would be a nice to have please.

In summary then I should now be using 1.14.1 and can uninstall 2.0?

Many thanks.

2 Likes

Given that they are 2 different apps, the version numbers are clearly in different sequences so their relative value with respect to each other has no bearing on which app is ‘newer’.

It’s much clearer to point at which app to keep relating to their use which most people will understand.

1 Like

Being clear on both version number and icon colour would be a much better solution because nothing is clear unless it’s made obvious. There is nothing in the upgrade process which covers the App issue either (suspect this is because it is only relevant to those in the preview).
You shouldn’t need to be a forum user to know which App to use so à message to Preview users prior to issuing the upgrade invite would be helpful.

1 Like

Mike are you on android? Cos the iOS app to keep is 1.9.18(342) at the moment - perhaps we should always prefix it with iOS or android?

Hi @DaveTMG sorry yes should have specified Android.

1 Like

I agree, personally I was ok because I had prior knowledge from the forum posts but an email explaining the process or even an extra message after the process telling that white app is redundant and now blue app if the main and only app.

1 Like

Hope I’m upgrading soon as I can’t deal with the unoptimised preview app on my iPhone X :upside_down_face:

There’s a separate thread for humble bragging about iphone X ownership :smiling_imp: :wink: :grin:

5 Likes

You should have these versions in your TestFlight app to migrate

7A963FB3-2BE7-40BB-B559-DFC9C1A1DFE7