šŸ”œ Update transaction feed faster

Go to Tesco
Check out
Get notification on my phone
When I unlock my phone Monzo has a ( 1 ) notification bubble next to the app icon
I tap into the app and feel like I have to wait what is an absolute AGE for my feed to update to show the transaction

Like literally YEARS (more like 10-15-20 seconds, but still)

Anyone else experiencing this?

It can be dependant on network connection, so if you have low signal can take a few extra seconds.

It does seem to be slow on occasion.

Can only wonder if it will get slower and slower the more transactions you have. Presumably there is a point where there is a cache on your phone to speed things up so you arenā€™t downloading each transaction anew but Iā€™m guessing here.

Definitely something Iā€™d like to see speed up.

BTW - youā€™ve asked for Votes but your title is a question - maybe rephrase to ā€œQuicker transaction feedā€?

2 Likes

I didnā€™t know Iā€™d asked for votes to be honest :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yeap itā€™s terrible to update most of the time, even if Iā€™m on the worlds best internet connection.

9 Likes

I abandoned the app before it even updated before, Iā€™ve just went into it and it finally finished updating and this mornings transaction isnā€™t even there!

I find myself having to force close the app sometimes to force a refresh. I think there needs to be an option to manually refresh in-app.

3 Likes

Same boat takes forever to update one or two transactions by time it has been done Iā€™ve lost interest to check no pun intended hopefully something will be put in place to help with the refresh rate.

takes ages for anything now even on wifi

1 Like

I also find the transaction speed takes ages to update on a good wifi connection - itā€™s very annoying.

What i hate aswell, is when you open the app from the home screen (not from notification) and it takes you straight to a transaction. Just take me to my summary

Slow feed has been a problem for ages, donā€™t think Monzo cares enough though.

Updates to the transaction feed have been getting slower and slower for me in the last few weeks.

iPhone X
iOS 13.1.2
Monzo 3.1.0

Edit: sometimes it doesnā€™t do it at all (even with a good data connection) and just says e.g. ā€œupdated 14 minutes agoā€ unless I switch to the payments tab and back.

2 Likes

Might be worth adding, perhaps Push Notifications are too fast for their own good. The same thing applies with Microsoft Outlook on iOS 13.

ding - New Email. - clicks notification - Outlook takes a while to actually pull the content in.

Is this unique to Monzo? Anyone else experiencing this elsewhere?

Unique to Monzo for me. The length of time the feed states ā€œupdatingā€ for, before it shows the latest transaction is increasing for me. No difference if the notification was 10 seconds ago or 5 minutes ago. The app also doesnā€™t seem to make good use of the background app refresh feature in iOS.

1 Like

Every other banking app I have will use the loading screen time and/or background refresh to pull in the latest balance and transactions but for Monzo, itā€™s either too much work or they canā€™t be bothered.

Still, the diehard supporters love them.

1 Like

Weā€™re not fetching the entire transaction history every time are we? (Iā€™ve got a slow feed, been Mondo since beta)

1 Like

A little harsh perhaps. Sometimes it infuriates me that Lloyds etc have a screen that takes ages to load things (to hide a slow feed update) when all I want to see is how much a transaction was, quickly. Orā€¦ make a quick payment. Monzo need to work on the speed it updates though, certainly. Itā€™s not perfect, but at least the app can function in other ways.

So Monzo is not the only guilty party here but as a bank newer IT systems, this should not happen.

I go back to my comments re possible reasons why it remains unchanged.

I donā€™t think your comments stand much ground. ā€œToo much work/Canā€™t be arsedā€? I doubt that, just that they arenā€™t looking at this as a priority at the moment.

I have slow updates on other banking apps too, from big legacy banks.

1 Like