Unable to pay into my Monzo.me account

I am trying to transfer money from my Nigerian debit card to my Monzo.me account but getting the response"not supported".

This is 2 years old, but Nigeria isn’t on the list.

1 Like

Is there a reason you can’t just do a bank transfer?

The reason my US friends and I favour cash app, and my EU ones favour Monzo.me, is so they can pay me back instantly and with no fees, besides very minimal FX fees.

There’s probably no reason you can’t do a bank transfer, but they cost more and are much slower.

1 Like

Monzo don’t officially support incoming international transfers.

I’d suggest using a different bank (any bank which offers an IBAN) and then transfer the money from that.

A Starling bank account can be opened in a day, for example.

1 Like

Silly question possibly but is there a risk that it could like money laundering if they did that… would it not be better just to get a bank that does support incoming international payments

1 Like

Some banks do initially block these services, possibly for AML reasons or potential fraud, even U.K. ones that will know who Monzo are.

My nationwide card didn’t work with Monzo.me last time I tried, but they blocked me from using my card with services like Cash App too. No idea if it works now.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.