Tymit Digital Credit Card

Ah I’m using the android beta. Fair point. Companies do tend to make clear that there could be stability/functionality issues. Something makes me think I did see that somewhere with Tymit but I could be wrong.

Some start ups seem to want to use the beta moniker as a way to hide behind deficiencies in their product or service.

No customer should have to suffer such poor customer service, especially when it relates to a credit product.

1 Like

Well, that’s the thing – they’re not hiding behind the ‘beta’ label. @krr13 is just using a beta version of their app and assumed the whole product was in beta.

This is their finished product, apparently.

Yes. I see that. I was speaking in general terms about start ups using the word beta as an excuse for a poor product or service.

I’ve used the card once for a purchase from Amazon.
Seemed to work fine, and split it across three months interest free.
The app is glitchy and slow, but I imagine this will improve.
Personally I’ll keep the card for the 3 months interest free per purchase, seems useful.

1 Like

Based on my early experiences with Tymit, I’d say they’re quite a way from being ready to launch to the masses. All teething issues, but I’ve had problems at most touch points thus far which to me, suggests that they have a way to go.

First I couldn’t sign in to the app after signing up. Sent a message to support and got no reply. Only after reading their forums six days later and spotting that their customer service platform hadn’t been sending email replies, did I find a way to access their Zendesk to find that, lo and behold, they had responded but it just didn’t reach me. After some to-ing and fro-ing, the issue was solved: enter phone number in international format without preceding 0.

Next, my card was taking ages to arrive. A few of us on the forum raised this, so I dropped them a line. “Don’t worry,” they said, “just delays because of COVID-19.” Then a few days later I get another email admitting that a batch of new customer data didn’t get sent to the card manufacturer… Got the card just over three weeks after acceptance.

The card arrived in a “this was opened before reaching the UK” bag (the cards come from Germany). The envelope had clearly been torn open and there were signs that someone may have undone the packaging on the card. No paperwork, just a card in packaging rattling around loose in an open envelope. Another support request and 24 hours later, a replacement’s in the post.

Now any one of those issues I could let slip, but the three combined suggests there could be bigger issues with standards. I used the temporary card number in the app for one transaction and actually quite like the premise. As others have mentioned, the app needs work and repayment feels clunky (but apparently they’re working on that).

Provided the next card arrives safely, I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume I’ve just been unlucky.

Just used my card for the first time, having suffered some of the same issues as @sfmorris.

Can’t believe they don’t even have the ability to set up a direct debit to pay off your bill.

Whilst the splitting into installments seems smooth enough, they need the basic stuff surely?

Very cool how the app just stops working on the morning of the 1st of every month when everyone is trying to check what they owe.

It’s working for me? I’ve just paid this month’s installment.

Yes I can get in now.

The last couple of months at around the time they send out the “pay your bill” notifications to everyone I’ve been unable to get past the login screen. It just stalls on that screen indefinitely. I’ve assumed it’s because of traffic.

Edit: and now when I tap on the “I made this transfer” button I just get “sorry, there was an error - try again later”. Very good, robust service.

Ive got my first issues with Tymit this month. On the screen below, The May Bill amount is stated 3 times, only one of them is right and luckily I know which one that is. Sadly its the one at the bottom that’s not as prominent. I also had 3 notifications this morning telling me I can pay my bill. All notifications said different amounts, none were correct.

This is a serious issue that’ll cause some people some missed payment issues. I hope they fix it soon.

Update: I raised this with them this morning via in-app chat, it’s the first time I’ve had to contact them. I got a very courteous and polite response relatively quickly saying they were just looking into it their end and would update me as soon as they work out the issue.

Dam that’s confusing.
I’ll admit the little bugs are starting to grate on me, for example I have to provide my fingerprint twice every time I load the app.

I messaged their support about that issue on Friday, this is the response I got:

Hello Benjamin,

Thank you for reaching out

Please be assured that as long as the details in the app are used when transferring the funds from your personal current account are followed the payment will be applied to your account in 24-48 working hours.

We are looking to resolve the error seen in app when you tap the I made a payment option in incoming updates for the app.

Kind regards

My payment came through this morning though.

Oh wow, that UI is awful. Not to mention the UX when you’re presented with different amounts outstanding

Total shitshow.

3 Likes

I’ve opened an account with them and promptly emailed them within 15 mins to tell them to cancel the application.

App refuses to accept my pin even after a reset, things should just work and if that’s the sign of things to come then no thanks I’m out

I predict this company won’t last very long somehow…

1 Like

I’ve closed my account. Get a notification every month to say my payment of £0 has been received.

1 Like

Is the difference in the first two boxes and the latter due to you already making a payment?

I just looked on mine, aside from the “May bill has closed” box which I don’t see, I have one “May Bill” showing the full amount and due date, and the headline figure showing what is remaining from my May Bill, after one payment has been made.

Not sure if that’s what you’re getting too.

1 Like

No, unfortunately not.

They haven’t come back to me since their last message yesterday, however, i just looked in the app and they’ve fixed it. All 3 places state the correct figure now