TV Shows!

Thanks will give it a try.

The Orville, better than Star Trek :joy:

I didnā€™t like Parks & Rec much until about season 3 when the story got going (same for The Office US). In one episode I was holding back literal tears of laughter at 4am in the morning. I have only just realised the new season of Frankie & Grace (or was it Grace & Frankie) was out a month ago, and Iā€™ve started watching it today. I recommend it, itā€™s about two women who find out that their husbands are gay and dating each other.

1 Like

The Orville is fantastic. Iā€™m also absolutely loving the last few episodes of Star Trek though. I like both!

1 Like

The good place is a guilty pleasure. It looks like it should be rubbish, based on the premise, but the writing makes up for it and itā€™s genuinely good to watch.

1 Like

Yeah, I mean, Iā€™m getting through about 2 seasons a month at current pace, almost at the end of Season 4 right now.

It would be nice to watch the final season in real time, so Iā€™ll try and keep up the pace!

Just finished watching Altered Carbon and it really good.

Also watching Star Trek Discovery.

Iā€™m starting Altered Carbon in a minute.

1 Like

I just started The Magicians, Iā€™m interested to see where it goes.

ā€œEverything Sucks!ā€ on Netflix is great. Set in Boring, Oregon (near where I used to live!) in the mid 90ā€™sā€¦ Nailing the vibe on both counts!

1 Like

Highly recommend Dark on Netflix. Itā€™s a German language mystery based in a small town where kids randomly disappear. And donā€™t watch the dubbed version - watch the version with subtitles.

1 Like

Iā€™ve seen the locker room scene spread on Instagram a lot for some reason (Itā€™s repeatedly coming up on my explore page on meme repost accounts). Iā€™ve already bookmarked it to watch next week :+1:t3:

1 Like

I found myself recently starting Itā€™s Always Sunny and find myself having to stop every 5 or so episodes due to the sheer narcissism of the characters.

Itā€™s absolutely hilarious though.

2 Likes

You will love it. Itā€™s really good.

I was actually already familiar with the lead actor because he played a young Ralph Tresvant (lead singer of the band New Edition) in the BET series they made about the story of the band last year (also starred Caleb McLaughlin from Stranger Things as his bandmate Ricky Bell).

Pretty bizarre to me to see a show set in Boring, Oregon, when I used to live right by there and itā€™s a really tiny town!

1 Like

I canā€™t believe I missed that the first time I read it. I love that a tiny town is named ā€œBoringā€ :joy: apt!

Edit: Though, I think tiny towns are where mysteries happenā€¦ I recently started watching Buzzfeed Unsolved again because I love how it is filmed and edited, and how the banter between Shane and Ryan eases the tension/ any fear you have if you are completely pants at horror/ thriller.

Not a TV show, but I really recommend the series on YouTube. Itā€™s one of the remaining things I follow on Buzzfeedā€™s YT page. My personal favourites are the crime ones where they sit and discuss it rather than going out to a haunted place. I like the Bizarre Toxic Death of Gloria Ramirez and a lot of the earlier ones for this reason.

2 Likes

One that everybody needs to watch. Iā€™ll just put this video here (itā€™s fan made)

Warning: Violent and a lot of swearing

1 Like

Warning: Violent and a lot of swearing

Wonderful, just what I love :heart_eyes::joy:

1 Like

Itā€™s a series on BBC.

But Iā€™m not going to lie, I thought I better put that warningā€¦ I was half expecting to get warned and told to remove the post or something lol :joy:

Edit: did you watch it? Seriouslyā€¦ The series is epic, if you like that sort of thing.

I love Buzzfeed Unsolved! All the wheezing :joy: Do you listen to podcasts about true crime/the supernatural?

2 Likes

Same here, their both really entertaining to watch. The older series are on Amazon Prime now as well.

2 Likes