TV Shows!

That’s not the search function though :joy_cat:

T E C H N I C A L I T I E S

Google is the search engines of all search engines

If you like the 80’s, horror films, 80’s music then you’re golden.
Seriously, so many damn references to 80’s horror it’s insane. Simple stuff like posters to aping shots from Aliens.

1 Like

Punisher is out. Anyone watched some yet?

No but I did just download Stranger Things to watch later

1 Like

For me, series 2 was the better series. I really liked series 1 too.

Don’t do what i did and accidentally start season 2 by watching episode 9 first by mistake. I was so confused (and then embarrassed)

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

That sounds like the right episode. Can’t believe I didn’t make the cabin evil dead connection!!

Started watching Stranger Things, ok so far.

1 Like

Just finished Season 2 of Stranger Things, loved it!!!

Just started S01E05… I actually like this, dunno why tbh but yeah decent.

You mean where Eleven goes to Chicago to find Eight? I see what you’re saying. Maybe that’s exactly what it is, a seed for a spin-off show? Either that or they have plans to include Eight in Season 3.

How did people find Star Trek: Discovery?

Started bad, but has definately improved.

I just wish they hadn’t called the aliens klingons… they’re perfectly decent star trek badguys but so different in both looks and culture to the klingons we know and love it breaks the immersion.

At some point they’re going to have to explain why in Voyager the fleet doesn’t have instawarp everywhere that can just bring them back.

Now… the Orville… that’s more like Star Trek than Star Trek at the moment (and given it has star trek writers and even guest stars in it I’m surprised they get away with it).

1 Like

I enjoyed discovery but the mycelial drive is preposterous.

I miss 7of9

Anyone watched The Punisher yet, any good?

Started last night, think I am on S02E02 now, maybe E03

Who doesn’t? I had a chance to meet Jeri Ryan once and she was lovely!

I like the way it’s clearly been set up as something not practical for the future though!

I feel like they’re pretty similar in culture to the Klingons, especially the likes of Gowron! They’re all about honour on the surface but not afraid to backstab and sneak their way to power. The TOS klingons were also far more like the TNG Romulans. I feel that Disco has struck a good balance!

I’d guess something to do with the side effects seen in the series and obvious damage to anybody directly connected to it!

Orville and Discovery scratch two different itches for me. Discovery seems like a natural progression of Trek after DS9, Enterprise and even the new movies to an extent; Orville satisfies the part of me that just wants more TNG/VOY

I’m enjoying Star Trek: Discovery but I’m probably not as hardcore a fan as others. My favourite is Voyager which seems to get me dirty looks!

As @TonyHoyle brought up, I’m actually enjoying The Orville more personally, the added humour is making it more enjoyable for me personally.