TV Shows to have on in the background!?

Hey guyys!

I am currently in my final year of uni, and need some TV shows to get me through finishing my dissertation and revising for my final exam.

I find that I work really well with something lighthearted on the TV that I don’t have to pay too much attention to but can still get the jist of what’s going on - I’ve been watching The Santa Clarita Diet and Friends, and I’ve just started S17 Hell’s Kitchen - but was wondering if you knew of any other good shows I can watch? As I study a LOT so I get through TV shows pretty quick!

1 Like

Any of the standard Channel 4 selection would work, I’d imagine? Like Everybody Loves Raymond, Frasier and Undercover Boss etc? I tend to have that channel on when I work from home.

I used to have the Office on in the background a lot but imo it deserves full attention if you’re watching it for the first time

Netflix- Grace & Frankie. The Good Place.

UKTV - Dara O’Brien’s 8 bit. Taskmaster. Modern life is goodish.

I put stuff like this on in the background while I’m working and don’t want silence.

For background I usually stick Twitch on… I regularly fall asleep to it.

I’m pretty into old school stuff like Frasier! So I know I don’t need to concentrate too hard. Also any of the DC Universe TV shows like Arrow, The Flash etc. (Leave your brain at the door stuff)

1 Like

This is me all over haha XD Frasier, 3rd Rock from the Sun, Arrow, Flash, DC Legends.
Netflix wise I do enjoy watching Once Upon a Time, its so bad its brilliant haha.

Agreed, if you have already watched all episodes then the US office really helped me get through my studies. However if you haven’t seen it then, wait until you have finished your studies and then give it your full attention.

What are you studying, how you getting on with the dissertation?

I usually put on The Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother or Master of None when I wan’t something on in the background. You can stream them all on Netflix!

Music channels. I have a bad habit of getting caught up in what’s on the tele and it ending up a distraction.

1 Like