TV Shows!

I started off preferring the UK one but as the US one went on it found it’s own voice and I just loved it.

2 Likes

I need to watch American Gods now! Tbh, I preferred the US Office- their brand of humour was more to my taste (esp from the 3rd season, it started getting better) The UK Office leans more towards the cringeworthy side instead of “wow can you believe this guy?” but then again it’s taken me at least two years before I could properly sit and watch telly without feeling secondhand embarrassment! I now love Peep Show (still dislike the Undateables… my housemates insist it’s cute but I think it’s just using them really)

I’ll give Parks & Rec another go after I’m done with my finals :slight_smile: I’ve seen a lot of hilarious gifs on Tumblr but the first season wasn’t that funny, so I stopped partway into the second. I personally preferred the US Office too! I think part of it was because there were so many seasons, you could properly get to know everyone’s stories and the focus wasn’t just on the boss. Michael was likeable but he was such a personality, he would take up pretty much 80% of the episode!

1 Like

Peep Show was hilarious, shame it’s ended now, PhoneShop was another classic.

I love Undatebles, it’s so funny.

American Gods have just been renewed for season 2 apparently!

How though, it has only just started?? :thinking:

Must have gotten loads of support or something? :thinking: wish it could have been the same for Hannibal! I saw the announcement on the Hannibal con Facebook page on Thursday.
But apparently talks for Season 4 Hannibal can start in August when the rights finally get transferred, so filming could possibly start in September! It’s been too long, but the director/actors are still really enthusiastic about it

1 Like

I feel really sad whenever they talk about their disabilities/not finding someone and then having them say something awkward :cry::cold_sweat:

1 Like

Really struggling through 13 Reasons Why. It’s a slog. But I’ve started so I’ll finish. Way longer than it needed to be. On Ep 11.

Sense8 is brill. One week until new series of twin peaks!!!

Is PhoneShop definitely finished? That’s a show that should have been utter trash but was in fact hilarious.

Yeah final episode date was 29 August 2013 however you still can see them on London Live (freeview ch 8 Sky 117)

It was the funniest thing on TV at the time and still is I reckon

I just marathoned all of This is England. I don’t know how to feel, it is pretty poignant and sad but the writing and filming is really good

1 Like

Yes yes, This is England is brilliant. The film and all the series are fucking top. Each time I watch it I only feel its more relevant to the world we live in.

Sounds like a direct quote from the script.

If you have nothing better to do and you just want to kill some time this might do that, it’s cheesy, unbelievable in so many ways (shoot outs where police do not show up) and just plain stupid BUT it has some names in names and it seems to have a story so far (I am 2 in) so yeah have a look.

Oh this is so far off from the film but has the odd ‘ohhh yeah’ bit in it.

I’m currently watching Scandal and Once Upon A Time. I really want to start watching Orange Is The New Black however I fear taking on another TV show will just mean I never leave the house :joy:

1 Like

Scheduled dates for new seasons this year so far

2 Likes

I’m distraught they cancelled Sense8 :cry:

1 Like

There was so much left unresolved :tired_face: don’t know why, it was really popular too