TV Shows!

I watched New Amsterdam - I enjoyed that :+1:

Just started You :eyes:

1 Like

Got two episodes left. Really enjoyed it up to now. The soundtrack is exceptional.

Weird, but very intensive and unfortunately an experience I can kind of relate to. It’s a good piece that helps to show what a trapped relationship looks like IMO.

The Expanse has finally switched to Amazon, ahead of them producing the fourth series this year. It’s absolutely stunning, a political-drama-thriller-sci-fi set 200 years in the future, which turns more towards hard sci-fi as it goes on. I honestly think it’s my favourite series ever, the books blew me away and the series has been perfect so far. It looks incredible on Amazon, the effects are beautiful. I can’t remember the last time I’ve watched a season multiple times, but I’ve rewatched each season before the next on starts every year, and have just rewatched it all again on Amazon (need to make sure their numbers support it until they complete all the books!).

3 Likes

Does season one cover the first book, and then does season two cover the second book, and so on? Or could a season cover more than one of the books? Just curious :slight_smile:

I really enjoyed The Umbrella Academy. I actually dislike most superhero films/TV shows but was pleasantly surprised.

:open_umbrella:

1 Like

2 of my faves are, in no particular order:

Sopranos
Sons of Anarchy
Prison break

Which of the streaming services do you have as alot are just on just 1 ?

Do you like subtitled drama ?

Prisoners of war
Hostages (on Netflix)
Fauda (Netflix)
Lille hammer (Netflix)

No - season one covers most of the first book, season 2 covers the end of the first book and the first half of the second book. It’s a bit tricky for people who are trying to read each book after each season. Characters are introduced much earlier too, Avasarala isn’t in the first book at all but is a main character in the first season (for good reason, Shohreh Aghdashloo is incredible. They finally let her swear like in the books in the more recent seasons.

2 Likes

Excellent, she is wonderful!

Anyone watched Death in Paradise and The Grand Tour recently?

Also can’t wait for Killing Eve season 2, the trailer looks epic

My daughter and I are loving this at the moment, got about 3 episodes to go.

1 Like

Is anyone else doing an intense binge of Game of Thrones at the moment? I feel like I’m following it so much better being able to watch them faster, rather than waiting a week after each episode!

2 Likes

I’ve watched them all at least 20 times. I’ll binge watch series 7 just before 8 starts

1 Like

My fave Tv shows:
Travelers - Netflix
Tin Star - Awesome
Shetland
Baptiste
The 100
Killing Eve
Luther
Line of Duty
Silent Witness
Endeavour
The Missing
The Night Manager
Marcella
Wallender - The original Swedish series
Van der Valk - my favourite 1970’s police series

There’s a whole load more, but my list would be huge lol!

2 Likes

Recently…

Umbrella Academy
New series of MST3K

I just started Always a Witch but I’m 50/50 on it so far.

I really want to watch Umbrella Academy (I liked the comic) but can’t let myself watch any new Netflix shows until I’ve caught up on Sky+ recordings (38% free, I’d be more comfortable if it were closer to 50% (or at least north of 40%)).

Not far off finishing:

Babylon Berlin
The Little Drummer Girl

Halfway through:

Pure

Really should start:

True Detective season 3
Picnic at Hanging Rock
Sharp Objects
Westworld
The Night Manager

Always watching:

The Ellen Show
University Challenge
Only Connect

Once I make a bigger dent in that lot, then I’ll treat myself to Umbrella Academy. :grimacing:

If I get more than 1 right in the first 2 rounds I feel like I’ve won the show myself :grin:
The connecting wall and missing vowels rounds are my forte

4 Likes

Just finished Russian Doll on Netflix, which I really enjoyed. Definitely recommended if you want to see something a bit different.

1 Like

Going to start episode one with the Mrs tonight and hopefully watch straight through to the end of Season 8.

I’ve read the books and stopped watching after season 4 due to spoilers but I’ve slowly realised I’ll be waiting forever for Winds of Winter so might as well just jump back on the wagon.

2 Likes

It’s a little bit like a dark version of Groundhog Day!

1 Like