TV Shows!

Speaking of a little bit dark, I’ve just finished watching Dark on Netflix. Really enjoyed it. Very atmospheric, great soundtrack, beautifully filmed. Like a more sinister version of Stranger Things, although I actually preferred it to Stranger Things. A good blend of theme I like - sci fi, crime, drama.

Before that we were watching Money Heist, the Spanish series which was much lighter but seriously entertaining. Would recommend watching both in their native language with subtitles as the dub (especially for Money Heist) is ridiculous :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I do reasonably OK on the first two rounds, probably get a par of three in each one (though for round two I may be also counting ones where I’ve spotted the logic, if not the answer). I’ve even been known to come in after one clue a couple of times, though not recently.

Best recent one I remember was the sequence which started with something I forget, but I thought “That sounds like a band name”, and the next in the sequence was “Warsaw” so at that point I knew the answer was New Order. Then I got close on the Carry On… sequence, in that I recognised it was Carry On, but I hadn’t a clue what the first film was!

Perhaps the saddest thing I do is during the Connecting Wall round, when I pause the recording as the wall is revealed and then spend a minute or two trying to figure it out myself before watching the players do it :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Not long now!

3 Likes

Silent Witness
Cleaning Up (ITV series)
Walking dead
Prison break
You
The haunting of hill house
Dirty John
Dark Tourist
Luther
Manifest

I think that’s all lol

Fleabag return last night was extraordinarily good, Pheobe Waller Bridge is a genius

1 Like

I’m watching the Good Doctor now and can’t recommend it enough.

1 Like

I’ve started watching it. Fantastic show. Love it

This is well good!

1 Like

Thread may have gone a little quiet but FX’s What We Do In The Shadows serial adaptation is making its way onto BBC Two and iPlayer. After last night’s double bill I’m already sold, despite having reservations after being so fond of the original movie and worried about the change in cast*/location.

*OK it’s hard to have that much doubt about a cast including Matt Berry and Facejacker, but still, a lot of the original charm came from the Kiwi supporting characters.

1 Like

Loving it so far but want to change my name :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes
3 Likes

Started Euphoria last night with the Mrs. Pretty hard hitting stuff. It’s scary to think what life can be like for kids these days.

2 Likes

I just powered through The Last Man on Earth on Amazon, after reading great reviews. I’d started the first few episodes ages ago, then recently there was a lack of anything new on so had been binging it before bed.

Got to the final episode of season 4 and… turns out it got cancelled in the US, so ends on a cliffhanger :angry: But other than that, it’s a great show, really really funny in the most part. If the episode hadn’t had the cliffhanger-y bit, it would have been a really nice ending to the show.

I’m about a third of the way through the new season of 13 Reasons Why… Enjoying it a lot so far! Better than Season 2, IMO.

Also cannot recommend this highly enough - best thing Netflix have done.

2 Likes

Second season is out now but I’ve not got round to it yet.

It’s much better than the first season - I know that sounds hard to believe.

Hats off to Baran bo Oscar who seems to write and direct every episode and has created a show with the smarter plot I’ve ever seen.

I’m towards the end of season 2 and loving it. Only thing I will say is I found it really hard to get my head back around everything that went on in season one - even with the recap video. It’s a great show though!

1 Like

The Boys! 100% Bloody amazing, can’t wait for season II :sunglasses:

3 Likes