Trends - a big update to the Monzo experience

When’s the next batch getting enabled then?

4 Likes

Thanks!

Interestingly it got fixed by changing the category (so it was incorrect). But I’ve just moved it back and all seems fine now.

Never was able to find it in Summary though. Good job it’s in the road to replacement!

2 Likes

It’s like groundhog day round here.

What do we want?

TRENDS!

When do we want it?

NOW!

15 Likes

I have it now :grin:

1 Like

Right, I guess I’m going to need one of the Fancy ones then.

3 Likes

So do I!

Releasing to lots more people today! Keep your eyes peeled :eyes:

14 Likes

Starting to play.

The logo for the type of transaction is governed by the main transaction one, not the category split one. In this example the £10 is against eating out and should have the green symbol, but it has the purple bill splits category.

Is this correct or a bug? I feel it should take the correct category symbol for the amount it shows and category it is in?

2 Likes

1 Like

@krr13 could you send me a private message with your email address so I can look into this error?

1 Like

This was a deliberate choice. The logo on a transaction should always be the same, regardless of where you’re viewing it from. So the category icons will always match the main feed, not the specific category feed you’re looking at.

Just received Trends but it’s throwing the same error posted above.

Ok, thanks and it makes sense. It comes back to having good merchant data because if there is a merchant logo that comes up which makes more sense.

It would be nice to select which one is used on the feed if no merchant data. It seems to be one the categories selected when split but have never figured out how to ensure a specific one is at the top/ used for the whole transaction!

Oh. So I can see this in some scenarios - e.g. splitting my sainsbury’s spend across multiple categories, it’s still all sainsbury’s.

But if you’re showing a category icon, and the whole transaction has been split…

This part of a transaction (the £10) in the screenshot above is arguably not the same transaction, at least not if it’s displayed by itself… it’s a £10 spend on X, not a £258.41 spend on Y. So my view would be that seeing the £10 with its correct icon would be much less confusing.

It’s not the same data being displayed, even if it’s come from the same ‘master transaction’.

1 Like

@Nishi would you mind sending me a private message with your email address as well, having a couple of cases to look into will hopefully make it easier to figure out!

1 Like

Yes this was my original thought approach. I can see both. With good merchant data always using the merchant picture makes sense. If no merchant data and it is split. Makes no sense (to me) to use the wrong category picture for the category you are looking through. Confused me a lot to start.

For consistency I get the approach though. Hence the comment about needing better merchant data!

2 Likes

Any more likelihood of rolling this out to labs for more people? :sob:

2 Likes

They have said above that they are rolling out more access today…

Yea, I saw. Was trying to see if that was exclusively to Plus/Premium or aligning with the Labs side of things too. Because they stated they were focussing on Plus/Premium roll-out

1 Like