Transaction Fees from GBP to USD

Hi,
Lately I plan to transfer money o a friend who live in States (with her PalPal account). Wondering if there’s any transaction fees or there’s only a fee for currency conversion? Thanks.

If you get PayPal to charge monzo in USD then there shouldn’t be anything.

@YH07, you can find more details about paypal and conversions here: PayPal ignoring request to pay in Foreign Currency
I think my last post there is your way to go. Add your Monzo card to paypal, then change default Paypal currency conversion, into “Bill me in the currency listed on the seller’s invoice.” for YOUR card.
Then send money via Paypal, using your Monzo card to your friend. Your Monzo card should be billed with USD, no charges/fees. Win. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for clear instruction. I already setup the ’ Bill me…" in PalPal. But can it be applied in sending money to a friend in USD? I guess my friend need to request money for me with USD?

Sending person to person via paypal is uncharted territory for me all together! I think if your friend’s paypal is usd and request is in USD, then Monzo should be charged in USD… Let us know how it works out in the end. :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.