Touch ID prompts when not using the app

I have reported this to support, just wondering if anyone else is having the same issue?

App version 1.9.9 #327
iOS 10.3.2 (14F89)

1 Like

I haven’t seen that before, thanks for sharing it.

Do you have to do something in particular in order to make that happen or does the prompt just appear at random?

Completely random. I can’t recreate it, it just occurs. Sometimes I pull my phone out of my pocket and the phone itself is on it’s lock screen, other times I’ll be using it and it will just pop up. It can be any time of day/night too.

If I try to screen cap it unlocks rather than screen capping hence using my work phone to take the images.

When I do unlock it doesn’t launch into Monzo either. The Touch ID prompt just disappears.

1 Like

It almost feels like an iOS bug - an app shouldn’t be able to ask for Touch ID unless it’s in foreground - clearly it is not when your phone is locked so WTF.

Have you tried to restore your phone?

I haven’t… but I do have a few apps with Touch ID enabled and it’s only the Monzo one that pops up.

I just heard back that the iOS techs at Monzo are looking into it so will wait to hear what they say.

1 Like

Never experienced it myself. Have you got a widget set up that could initiate the prompt? :confused:

1 Like

I do use the standard Monzo/iOS widget.

1 Like

I’ve had it a couple of times today when I’ve used the calculator, iOS 11 Beta 3.

1 Like