Touch ID for Payments?

Just got my Monzo card.

In the settings it has “touch ID for payments” enabled. Does this mean I would have to have internet access on my phone when making a card payment? As I will be using this abroad I will not have internet access a lot of the time.

One last question, the limits shown in my account say limits and underneath in small letters says after verification. I had to take a photo of my ID and a video when I joined up, does this mean I have already done the verification?

1 Like

Touch ID works without an internet connection. But Monzo is referring to the Payments with Friends feature there - the in-app transfers to other Monzo users - so you won’t have an issue completing transactions abroad anyway (all you need for that is your card).

Thanks for asking the question though, I can totally see why you were confused by that phrase.

Yes it does :tada:

2 Likes

Ah I see, thank you. I will leave it enabled then :grinning:

2 Likes

Touch ID for payment to friends - if its not enabled it would ask you for your PIN before paying a friend

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.