Total spend info

Hey everyone,

So I was wondering if there could be away to exclude certain payments from the total spend if the day.

An example is I was given a refund from a company which was paid into my Monzo account I then transferred that amount out of my account which Monzo automatically included into ‘total amount spent today’
In reality I never spent that amount I just transferred it.

I know I can exclude that payment from the total summary but would be great if you could exclude from total today spend.

Cheers

Kieron

If the money came in and then went out, wouldn’t that cancel it out? I thought total spend went down if transfers come in? I could be wrong!

Following on with this - I really don’t think having direct debits included in the total spend notification is useful. One one particular day, my rent and a couple of bills go out - I then buy lunch and I’m told my total spend that day is close to £1000! It’s right, but not useful to me.

3 Likes

Totally agree, I think the total spend of that day should only be transactions you personally made, or have the ability to switch off certain transactions that can be excluded.

2 Likes

In reality it does cancel it self out but the total spend still includes.
For instance yesterday I received a refund of £400 from Ryanair.
I spent £20 in Tesco and transferred that £400 to my credit card so by 12pm my total amount spent said £420. I can see why Monzo has done this because it’s a withdrawal from Monzo but in reality I’ve only spent £20.

3 Likes