Top-Up vs One payment?

Do you guys top up your monzo account or do you have the salary paid in full once/twice per month ?

I currently Top-Up until next month when i will only be using Monzo

Salary for me, previous to that I used bank transfers.

Personally, Iā€™m glad to see the top up feature disappear for new users.

2 Likes

Most of the time I use bank transfer but occasionally I top up as itā€™s easier then using my banks transfer option.

Salary (more specifically invoices as Iā€™m freelance) since August last year.

fair enough . At least we can still top up via bank transfer and monzo.me

Does that mean you are self employed ?

Yep living the dream (at least some of my friends consider it that :joy:).

5 Likes

Bank transfers for me, very quick and convenient

Salary for me (one from my main job and sometimes a second from my freelance/Ltd company) - sometimes dividend payments as bank transfers in as well.

Monthly standing order from high street bank

Weekly standing order from a high street bank.

Transfers but when had issues with Tsb I had to use top up to be able to access monies.

Tsb

to be able to access monies

Are you sure you accessed your monies? :joy:

3 Likes

I currently use Bank Transfers but once the Joint Accounts are up and running, Iā€™ll probably get it paid directly into that.

I was probably one of the few people that used the slower manual bank transfer into the central account using your Pre-paid Card Number as the reference that took a day equally as much as topping up by card. I used to set up a Standing Order that would ā€˜top-upā€™ both mine and my partnerā€™s card with our ā€˜spending moneyā€™.

So I also wouldnā€™t really miss having that feature (card/Apple Pay top-up) altogether.

Yes as the account now has a 1p in and is being used for cash and cheques. :wink:

I currently use a bank transfer. I would get my salary paid in but I need to have my salary into the current account I pay my mortgage from. Canā€™t change that over, yet.

Is it ok to transfer money over each week via bank transfer ? need to do this at the moment until my benefit comes in next month

That will work absolutely fine, you could also setup a Standing Order and have it done automatically if that works better for you.

1 Like

Thanks
Is a standing order basically a re-curring bank transfer at a set time every week/month ?

1 Like

Thatā€™s right.

I think the options are:

• Weekly
  • Monthly
  • Every 4 weeks
  • Every 2 months
  • Quarterly
  • Half yearly
  • Annually

I donā€™t know if all banks have all options. You can also usually set an end date or ā€œUntil further noticeā€.

EDIT:
Monzo currently have the following options:

• Every Day
  • Every Week
  • Every Month
  • Every Year

The above was taken from my Santander Account, so it does indeed vary between banks.

1 Like