Thomas Cook have entered Compulsory Liquidation

That’d be their own problem to deal with unfortunately.

That was quick (there is more info than this. Look in app for full details)

2 Likes

Not sure how we are going to sort this mess out now, thankfully we will get most our money back but will lose out on about £2500. Looks like some of our guest will have a great holiday without us

1 Like

If you bought directly with Thomas Cook, and a credit card, you could try claim it under Section 75 protection.

Yeah we know, its just others booked Jet2 and cannot cancel now or afford another. The £2500 are extra like the wedding, dj, venue, catering, translation of wedding documents etc

If the actual wedding is booked through local vendors, could you possibly just find some cheap-ish flights to the same location and somewhere to stay? Might not be the same but it’s worth looking around so it doesn’t all go to waste - and you’d still get to share your day with your friends.

5 Likes

The only other flights are with jet2and they are as of this morning sky high. Just easier and cheaper to take the loss and rearrange. Wedding is with TC too

Absolute nightmare. Really sorry to hear all that.

:hot_coral_heart:

3 Likes

can you not book a package holiday inc flights - found this this morning from travel supermarket 7 nights in Kos with flight , you will eventually get your money back from ATOL ??? unless it was just booked flights ?? …at least you would be on the Island on the 3rd Oct ???

1 Like

What if they couldn’t deal with it… they’d just be stranded? That doesn’t really seem like an option.

I know I’m making an issue which doesn’t exist, it’s one of the perculiarities of mine… always seeing the absolutely worst case scenario, even if it doesn’t actually exist.

With Monarch the government went above their legal obligations by providing free flights for all those affected regardless of coverage under a scheme.

The same thing could happen, but if they didn’t and you didn’t have the appropriate insurance in place you’d be stuck. You may be able to get consular assistance but this isn’t guaranteed. It’s like being stuck with a medical bill overseas or any other uninsured incident you’d be stuck with it and would have to find a solution.

Not for 60 people, and even if we got all 60 over, we couldn’t afford fresh flights tickets/hotel booking whilst waiting for the refund. My brother works in the travel industry and is trying to sort things out and look at alternate plans

2 Likes

Can two of your guests give up their places and swap the names flying out?

1 Like

The government have said they are doing the same this time

Did you have wedding insurance or pay by credit card at all?

Credit card for all booking but they are ATOL. The translations, venue, dj etc are cash